Best places (pubs/bars) to watch Toon games back in the Toon?

ExiledGeordie

Anyone know of any pubs in york that will be likely to show the match tomorrow?

the terrace and the windmill both usually have the newastle game on.

bloody hell that brings a memory or two back. i don't suppose the mad miserable french woman is still the landlady ?

I watch footy in there quite a bit but I've never come across a mad miserable French Lady  :lol:

Might keep an eye out for her next time i'm in

bloody hell that brings a memory or two back. i don't suppose the mad miserable french woman is still the landlady ?

I watch footy in there quite a bit but I've never come across a mad miserable French Lady  :lol:

ask, from a while back mind. about 20yrs. (this is the windmill  basically between micklegate and the cinema ?)

ask, from a while back mind. about 20yrs. (this is the windmill  basically between micklegate and the cinema ?)

yeah that's the one, still there and still called the windmill. i wil have to make some inquiries next time I'm in. Some of the locals in there look they've been going there for 30 years plus so they will know her  :lol:

yeah that's the one, still there and still called the windmill. i wil have to make some inquiries next time I'm in. Some of the locals in there look they've been going there for 30 years plus so they will know her  :lol:

cheers, let me know. it was often our meet up place when on the way back from games down south. the maltings now on the rare occasions we get away.

In Whitley Bay the townhouse has the games on but it gets pretty busy, so does the Bedroom but it's a horrible place to be. I find the Fat Ox to be pretty decent, not over crowded, you can still have a game of pool at HT etc. Apparently Fritzjeralds has the games on as well.

cheers, let me know. it was often our meet up place when on the way back from games down south. the maltings now on the rare occasions we get away.

will do, I'm intrigued now. yeah maltings is a quality pub, convenient for the station too.