Help!!!

Heron

Well hello there fine Newcastle-Online citizens.

I have a Sony Vaio and about a week ago transferred some files from a pen drive to my computer. Since then it seems to be running incredibly slow and I believe it's down to the operating system not working properly. At one point it brought up an error regarding the svchost.dll file, saying it was taking up a lot of memory. I've ran disk cleanups and diskchecks and on the disk checks it freezes at stage 4 (usn journal or something).

Not sure how to fix it to be honest, other than taking it in to PC World.

Anyone got any ideas?

Edit: I've ran Norton on it too and I'm not sure if I got rid of the scvhost.dll file (which I believe is a trojan horse). It nmay be a case of downloading the svchost.exe file again and replacing the existing broke one. I'm not sure though.

svchost.dll is def a trojan according to a search Ive just done. You got Malwarebytes?

Nar na - I'm a little bit sceptical about downloading repair file things off the net. Will this safely do the trick though mate?

There's someone posted on the malwarebytes forum about that same thing. Seemed to work for him. Should do I'd imagine.

svchost.dll is def a trojan according to a search Ive just done. You got Malwarebytes?

Nar na - I'm a little bit sceptical about downloading repair file things off the net. Will this safely do the trick though mate?

There's someone posted on the malwarebytes forum about that same thing. Seemed to work for him. Should do I'd imagine.

Cheers, I might give that a try. Don't think I have much to lose now.