Derby + Others Moved For TV

Skirge

Moved live on ESPN

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120123/tyne-wear-derby-encounter-is-live-on-espn_2281670_2585854

Newcastle United's home fixture with local rivals Sunderland has been switched to Sunday March 4th at noon for live coverage on ESPN.

Last season, the Black Cats' visit to Tyneside saw them on the wrong end of a 5 - 1 scoreline and, of course, United will be looking for a league double come 4th March following their victory at the Stadium of Light earlier this season.

United also have a Monday night capital date as their fixture at Arsenal moves to Monday 12th March.

Last season the Sunderland home and Arsenal away games were played consecutively and both saw United wins, an omen perhaps?

The full list of televised match alterations is:

Snip: Available at the link above

Guest neesy111

Always amuses me to see the difference in reaction between those who actually go to games and those who don't. :razz:

Aye.  TV is great for arm-chair viewers, but a a nightmare for those who go especially to away games.

Always amuses me to see the difference in reaction between those who actually go to games and those who don't. :razz:

actually works out better for me now as I can get a return flight on the day.. Don't do returns on Saturday for some reason.

Meh. wudda preferred mackems to be saturday lunchtime for the night out. arsenal wudda been better late kick off saturday. will definitely take small allocation for that now

Bloody irritating - wish they would announce these in advance - if only so you can plan your travel and weekends a bit better.  Arsenal probably works out ok for me, but getting up for the Liverpool and Sunderland games is now much harder.

we've already got a hotel booked on the saturday and train tickets sorted for Arsenal!!  cheers sky, thats that weekend f**cked up.  4 of us going, taking the wags who were going off shopping or see a show while we went to the match.