Derby + Others Moved For TV

Skirge

Mate this weekend booked up his train and hotel for the Arsenal game too. He'll be well hacked off

Similar situation with a lad at work. Booked a flight for his son to come over for the game, it'd be the first time he's seen him in nearly a year. Suffice to say he is absolutely fucking fuming.

Don't see how people can be 'fuming' etc for these games being moved. It's a risk you take when booking trains/planes whatever before TV games are announced, you've got to expect sometimes these changes will happen. Be fuming with yourself aye, but it's not like any of these changes are right out of leftfield.

Don't see how people can be 'fuming' etc for these games being moved. It's a risk you take when booking trains/planes whatever before TV games are announced, you've got to expect sometimes these changes will happen. Be fuming with yourself aye, but it's not like any of these changes are right out of leftfield.

I agree. I know people will be annoyed, but looking at the premiership fixtures that weekend it was always likely that this game would be changed for TV.

It's ridiculous, it's less than five weeks away, how the fuck are you supposed to be able to plan going to games when this shit happens? Fuck knows what we'll do, already bought tickets to fly home on the Sunday, but I can't see me and the old man sitting on a plane when this game is being played.

Always amuses me to see the difference in reaction between those who actually go to games and those who don't. :razz:

Aye.  TV is great for arm-chair viewers, but a a nightmare for those who go especially to away games.

I've gotta admit, TV IS great for arm-chair viewers like. It's a nightmare trying to watch the game from home without a TV.

Always amuses me to see the difference in reaction between those who actually go to games and those who don't. :razz:

Aye.  TV is great for arm-chair viewers, but a a nightmare for those who go especially to away games.

I've gotta admit, TV IS great for arm-chair viewers like. It's a nightmare trying to watch the game from home without a TV.

Distracts from the boredom of viewing arm-chairs too

Guest Geordiesned

Fully expected the Mackems to get moved to the Sunday with an early kick off but pissed off about Arsenal as was going to have a weekend in London.

It's ridiculous, it's less than five weeks away, how the fuck are you supposed to be able to plan going to games when this shit happens? Fuck knows what we'll do, already bought tickets to fly home on the Sunday, but I can't see me and the old man sitting on a plane when this game is being played.

Tbf, the game was never going to remain at 3pm Saturday. It was always a 50/50 of being an early kick off on either the Saturday or Sunday. I understand what you're saying mind; if matches are being rearranged it should be announced at least a minimum of 2 months beforehand.

On the plus side, Arsenal on a Monday should make it easier for me to get tickets. Now planning on going down on the Friday evening, staying at a friends for the weekend and coming back Tuesday morning; so that's worked out nicely. :)

Guest neesy111

Could use your mobile or PC. ;)

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

that would be sick for some people who made plans. I rarly get to see the toon in engladn as im hardly wealthty enough for season ticket and flights and stuff every week or two but i remember in 2009 the spurs game away was switched and end up costing me more than a hundred euros extra to go. Thats the risk you take though if ye want to book the stuff at their cheapist/earliest.

f***s sake.  Likely to have to drive back down Stoke on the Sunday night.  Means I cannat drink before the sunlun game.

I'd be more p*ssed off at having to drive down to Stoke.

living here until late May.  It is as bad as perceived.  Trust me.

I don't have to trust you, I know the place too well.

f***s sake.  Likely to have to drive back down Stoke on the Sunday night.  Means I cannat drink before the sunlun game.

I'm probably getting a national express down to manchester sunday morning then the train from there to newcastle. Then the train back to stoke after.

I'd be more p*ssed off at having to drive down to Stoke.

living here until late May.  It is as bad as perceived.  Trust me.

I don't have to trust you, I know the place too well.

just found out I don't need to be in until 2 on the Monday.  Means I can drive back Monday morning.  Result!  Was always gonna be going, this excitement is purely in the name of alcohol.