Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

I don't understand the following:

a) Why people are complaining about a cheap backup option.

b) Why people laugh at the thought of opening the bidding as low as possible and trying to get the player in at the cheapest possible price

I can only assume that for a) people are a bit dumb and b) too much Football Manager

I don't understand the following:

a) Why people are complaining about a cheap backup option.

b) Why people laugh at the thought of opening the bidding as low as possible and trying to get the player in at the cheapest possible price

I can only assume that for a) people are a bit dumb and b) too much Football Manager

I thought all FM users try to rip other clubs off with very low bids but with ridiculous amount of future ascentives. It's the future!

Guest ykmkmdd

Never seen him play BUT we need a CB, that much is clear

I think it makes sense to go for a cheap option now and then spend bigger in the summer when it will be easier to buy (Mbiwa for example) and more options available

Agree with that. Despite the fact I know even less about Mbiwa than this Mariappa bloke!

Guest Craig-NUFC

Never seen him play BUT we need a CB, that much is clear

I think it makes sense to go for a cheap option now and then spend bigger in the summer when it will be easier to buy (Mbiwa for example) and more options available

I'd be surprised if we got another CB in the summer. Taylor and Colo will be first choice, with Williamson, Mariappa and Perch being backup.

This signing would also help bring up the number of homegrown players we have, which is needed for the Premier League and the off chance we get in to Europe.

Does anyone think this lad will start ahead of Williamson?

If not then what's the point of signing him if he is going to be our only CB signing this window.

We need a CB that can go in alongside Colo and make us a stronger defensive unit.

What i don't get is that we won't pay big money now for a top quality centre back, instead we are looking to pay a couple of million for a worse option. However come the summer we are still hoping to get a top CB in for a couple of million cheaper than this month. Surely though it will work out around the same price, paying a bit extra now for one instead of signing two for the price of one?

Trust our scouting system who are doing ok atm

I 100% trust Carr that does not mean MA will go after the top player Carr recommends, do you honestly think this lad was even in Carr's top 5 CB recommendations?

Scott Wilson @Scottwilsonecho 3m  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

Mind you, a formal bid for Mariappa could force clubs like West Ham, Ajax and Boro to soften their stance on players #NUFC want - we'll see.

:lol:

oh aye its a bluff.. fkn hell

Guest MrSundlofer

can he also cover RB?

"That impressive total is part of over 200 Watford appearances for the Academy product, some of which coming at his less-favoured right-back position."

What i don't get is that we won't pay big money now for a top quality centre back, instead we are looking to pay a couple of million for a worse option. However come the summer we are still hoping to get a top CB in for a couple of million cheaper than this month. Surely though it will work out around the same price, paying a bit extra now for one instead of signing two for the price of one?

If this lad signs we'll only go looking for another centre half in the summer as Colo's replacement imo, we're not gonna have 5 on the books.

If this lad signs we'll only go looking for another centre half in the summer as Colo's replacement imo, we're not gonna have 5 on the books.

That is what i thought, but Douglas and Ryder seem to think we will be going for another in the summer.

Guest neesy111

Trust our scouting system who are doing ok atm

UK Scouting is not done by Carr.

Hence why you end up with players like Obertan.

:pokerface: