Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

Guest bimpy474

'@InsiderNufc: Adrian Mariappa won't be coming to Newcastle, European center back will be arriving'

This was posted on that Watford blog.

Guest bimpy474

Can he play RB?

Yes started playing there for them, spent most of their season in the premier a few years back playing there.

Guest bimpy474

'@InsiderNufc: Adrian Mariappa won't be coming to Newcastle, European center back will be arriving'

This was posted on that Watford blog.

:lol: Poor buggers.

They think this could be true and have their hopes up :D

Guest bimpy474

Can he play RB?

Yes started playing there for them, spent most of their season in the premier a few years back playing there.

Cool. Heard the word ball playing and that puts him ahead of simmo for me

Thats a comment that has popped up a lot, calm on the ball and not afraid to play, also very quick.

:morph:

Hi Watford fans.. You know if we do make an offer he will jump at the chance to come here.

lets not be arrogant now .. was it not 1 and a half seasons ago we were playing the hornets in the championship.

Yeah, and now we're not. :lol:

Hi Watford fans.. You know if we do make an offer he will jump at the chance to come here.

lets not be arrogant now .. was it not 1 and a half seasons ago we were playing the hornets in the championship.

Yeah, and now we're not. :lol:

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

Beating them tbh

:pards:

You mean when we won the Championship by a country mile?

:lol:

Kna am just taking the piss, but can't see us paying anywhere near what their fans think he is worth.

Ok, so this is where we're at, I need:

- Ronaldo to say that no defender, under 6', has succeeded in the Premier League.

- Someone to point out that Cannavaro was under 6'.

Then I've got a full house, in 'Defender under 6' Talk Bingo'.

I thought I'd seen this over the weekend. In the NUFC Rumours thread :lol:

I can't think of one central defender under 6' who's done well over here, like. Just saying.

Guest icemanblue

That was the basis of the game. We've been through this discussion around eight times already. Each cycle perfectly replicates the last. :lol:

Sounds like he could come in and strengthen the second CB spot, even if he's not always starting. I'm not fully confident in Saylor going forward, but he was good until the injury, and the same could be said about Williamson. If Mariappa can play up to their level, I'm more than happy with one very good CB and three decent to good CB's to partner him.

Can he play RB?

Cool. Heard the word ball playing and that puts him ahead of simmo for me

Thats a comment that has popped up a lot, calm on the ball and not afraid to play, also very quick.

If we're playing Ben Arfa on the right it would be a good idea to have a more defensively minded, strong, athletic full-back behind him. :thup: extra bonus that he's not afraid to play it out, unlike Simpson most of the time.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/spo...Newcastle_bid/

Newcastle United's initial bid for Adrian Mariappa was rebuffed by the Hornets as it was well short of their valuation for the player, the Watford Observer understands.

The Magpies enquired about the centre back but we understand their first offer was not even considered by Watford as it was substantially less than what would be required to take Mariappa away from Vicarage Road.

The 25-year-old, who has made 244 appearances for Watford since graduating from the club's academy, has 18 months left on his contract.