Mourinho in trouble at Madrid?

Parky

Marca's cover showed Mourinho and Sergio Ramos face to face. Word for word, they reproduced a conversation between the two men, and Iker Casillas, at Real Madrid's Valdebebas training ground on Friday morning – two days after Madrid, playing ultra-defensively, had again been beaten by Barcelona; two days after Ramos had noted: "We follow the coach's tactics. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't." According to Marca, the conversation started with Mourinho turning towards Ramos and saying: "You [plural] killed me in the mixed zone." To which Ramos replied: "No, mister, you only read what it says in the papers not everything we said."

Mourinho replied: "Sure, because you Spaniards have been world champions and your friends in the media protect you … and because the goalkeeper …" At that point there is a shout from Casillas, training 30 metres away: "Eh, mister, round here you say things to our faces, eh!"

Another part of the conversation starts with Mourinho saying: "Where were you on the first goal [against Barcelona], Sergio?"

"Marking Piqué"

"Well, you should have been marking Puyol."

"Yes, but they were blocking us off [using basketball style screens] with Piqué and we decided to change the marking."

"What? So now you're playing at being coach?"

"No," replies Ramos, "but depending on the situation in the game, sometimes you have to change the marking. Because you've never been a player, you don't know that that sometimes happens."

There were many questions and few answers – least of all from Mourinho. There were, though, hints. Glimpses of a guerra civil. No more than hints perhaps, but hints nonetheless. When Granero was taken off on 72 minutes, the player who more than anyone else represented a shift in approach – the Madrid that Mourinho had turned his back on and some Spaniards had wanted – got a massive ovation. And then, with 10 minutes to go, it happened. The fans who had chanted Mourinho's name all season – something that has never happened for a coach before – chanted it once more.

Well, some of them did. More of them did not. In fact, they did the opposite. The Ultra Sur began chanting Mourinho's name. And the rest of the stadium – 30%? 50%? 80%? – whistled their disapproval.

It was not so much an attack on Mourinho per se as an attack on the decision to chant his name, to do it now, in this context, and with this backdrop. It was a symbol of disapproval of those that did so too – the Ultras who had chanted "Pepe, kill him!" and "Journalists, terrorists!" Divisions at Real Madrid had been laid bare. This time among the fans. And there was no escaping that there they were: whistles. Win on Wednesday and all will be right with Madrid's world again; Mourinho will be a genius again. Now, he is not. This has been perhaps his most difficult week as Madrid coach. Not that he admitted as much.

"Difficult? Why?" the coach asked. "I lost a game on Wednesday, I prepared one on Friday. Today we won. Tomorrow is Monday. Why is that hard? It is the first time that I have been whistled but it's not a problem. There is a first time for almost everything. If I had been whistled at Chelsea where they don't even whistle the opposition manager, it would be a problem. Here they whistled Zidane and Ronaldo and now Cristiano Ronaldo. This stadium whistles the best in the world – why shouldn't it whistle me?"

Real fans seem real ungrateful.  :rolleyes: :idiot2:

Mourinho went to Madrid as the "Barca Killer", the man to overthrough the Catalan dynasty. That was his job description.

He's not.

Barca have resoundingly defeated Madrid at the Bernabeau multiple times with Mourinho as the coach now. It's got to burn. They still largely support him though as he's their only option for turning it around.

5 points clear in the league halfway through the season.  Even counting on losing again to Barca I think they've got more than enough to win La Liga, which is probably his only shot at staying past the summer.  Copa del Rey won't be enough (should they somehow get past the 1-2 loss to Barca) and Champions League also probably not enough. 

Guest Craig-NUFC

Its not only the fans, but he's been having trouble with the players all season for essentially having his favourites and being a bit of a dick to the others.

Real Madrid fans are famously fickle. There's a reason they have sacked so many managers all these years, and it's not only because Pérez is trigger happy (Calderón also had two managers in two years). They boo their team/manager/board at the drop of a hat.

If Mou wins a major trophy (either La Liga or the CL would suffice, I think) he'll be fine. But the whistles this weekend should show him what kind of place he's at (personally think they deserve each other, c*** for c***s).

Real Madrid fans are famously fickle. There's a reason they have sacked so many managers all these years, and it's not only because Pérez is trigger happy (Calderón also had two managers in two years). They boo their team/manager/board at the drop of a hat.

If Mou wins a major trophy (either La Liga or the CL would suffice, I think) he'll be fine. But the whistles this weekend should show him what kind of place he's at (personally think they deserve each other, cunt for cunts).

What's behind this kind of ludicrous mentality?

If Mou wins a major trophy (either La Liga or the CL would suffice, I think) he'll be fine. But the whistles this weekend should show him what kind of place he's at (personally think they deserve each other, c*** for c***s).

Sense of entitlement. Think Liverpool, multiply by a thousand.

He was there to beat Barca and can't. I don't think it's especially an inditement, it may well be impossible without that defence he had at Inter, and Barca could well decline, there's already evidence of that since it looks like Real may win the league, but they won't win the champions league without beating Barca.

I think the biggest disappointment was that they seemed to be so defensive after they seemed to be catching up with Barca when playing more positively.

Guest Chubby Jason

Sense of entitlement. Think Liverpool, multiply by a thousand.

That sounds marvelous.

I think the biggest disappointment was that they seemed to be so defensive after they seemed to be catching up with Barca when playing more positively.
I don't know about defensive.  They scored 102 league goals in 2010-11 and are on pace for 134 (67 halfway) 2011-2012. 

I don't know about defensive.  They scored 102 league goals in 2010-11 and are on pace for 134 (67 halfway) 2011-2012. 

That's the point, they are an impressive attacking unit, but go full catenaccio/leg breaker when playing against us. It is quite puzzling, I do think they would give us trouble if they had a go like they did in the Super Copa. And it does get  under the skins of Real Madrid fans the implicit acceptance that they can't go toe to toe against us.

Mourinho isn't in trouble. He is never in trouble. Whatever club he'd leave would be in trouble.

Porto? Chelsea? Inter? Ever been that good since he left? No.

For some reason, I'd love it if Real sacked him just for them to fall apart.

Defensive against Barca. And well beaten anyway.

Thier fans are ridiculous dont they realise they dont even need to beat Barca to win the league?

What Village Idiot is so on the money, the sense of entitlement they have is fckin ridiculous its like they think they are entitled to win everything.......

Eventually they are going to have to wake up and understand the fact that there's not some huge tactical failure, magical formation, or mysterious ailment holding them back from beating Barca consistently... THEY. ARE. JUST. BETTER. THAN. YOU.

Better in defense, better in midfield, better in attack

Real Madrid are five points clear of "the best team in the world" 19 games into the season. None of their supporters should have a complaint. The team is a machine, and they've won something like 27/29 games this season that didn't involve Barca.

If they don't win the league match at the Camp Nou, there title win will be hollow. No doubt about it. Essentially Barca will be defeating themselves if they beat Madrid yet don't win the league. Barca's own incompetence away from home will have lost them the title. Madrid fans know this.

But when it comes to Barca vs. Madrid everyone will know the result. They can't compete toe-to-toe with Barca no matter what the league table says.

They want to legitimately be better than Barcelona. Not just win the league. They would've taken 2 league draws.

Defensive against Barca. And well beaten anyway.
Yeah wrong on my part.  I read the post as the disappointment being with Mourinho going defensive (a trademark) after prior seasons had seen them close the league gap ("catching up") with more positive play, instead of commentary on the individual games.

Not sure what the big deal is about beating Barca...Should be pretty straightforward. :)

For Madrid to beat Barca is harder than any other team to beat Barca, the Clasico means more to Barca players than any other game and thus they try much harder and more motivated against Madrid than anyone else.

Thier fans are ridiculous dont they realise they dont even need to beat Barca to win the league?

What Village Idiot is so on the money, the sense of entitlement they have is fckin ridiculous its like they think they are entitled to win everything.......

Eventually they are going to have to wake up and understand the fact that there's not some huge tactical failure, magical formation, or mysterious ailment holding them back from beating Barca consistently... THEY. ARE. JUST. BETTER. THAN. YOU.

Better in defense, better in midfield, better in attack

That's why they are upset. Mou was brought in to overthrough Barca. 18 months in, Barca are still much better (against Madrid).

A club like Real Madrid should not "just accept" another team is better than them. Tbh, neither should sides like Manchester United & Bayern Munich, AC Milan and to a lesser extent L'pool.

We wouldn't accept the Mackems being better than us for the simple fact they "shouldn't" be better than us.

Not sure what the big deal is about beating Barca...Should be pretty straightforward. :)

For Madrid to beat Barca is harder than any other team to beat Barca, the Clasico means more to Barca players than any other game and thus they try much harder and more motivated against Madrid than anyone else.

Just knack Messi earlydoors and have two pacey forwards waiting on the half way line for the counter. Job done.

I can understand the resentment at been dicked on by Barcelona every year like, think of the Tyne & Wear derby and how Sunderland feel?

In short, Real Madrid are the Spanish Mackems.

It burns the Mackems deeply, despite having little reason/logic for them having the superior side. Madrid are historically the biggest and best Spanish side. Imagine how the Madrid fans feel  :lol: