UFC Undisputed 3 (Xbox 360, PS3)

SEMTEX

So, it's time for another video game incarnation of UFC. Will Yukes play the same card they've been playing with WWE games for a decade? Definitely, but we love the WWE UFC so let's waste our time & money on that shit anyway. Courtesy of Shreddy Krueger's genius idea to start a thread.

UFC Undisputed 3 is an upcoming mixed martial arts video game featuring Ultimate Fighting Championship properties and fighters developed by Yuke's and published by THQ. It will be released February 14, 2012 in North America and February 17, 2012 in Europe for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It is the third game to be released under THQ's 2007 agreement with the UFC. On October 8, 2011, it was revealed via a live press conference with Dana White that UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva had won the fan vote to appear as the cover athlete for the game. The demo is expected to be released on January 24,2012 (Today, you thick cunt).

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/ufc_undisputed_3/news/ufc_3_demo_out_now_for_xbox_360.html

A demo of UFC Undisputed 3 is now available to download from Xbox LIVE Marketplace, with the same sampler arriving on the European PlayStation Store tomorrow.

The demo features a match-up between current UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and current UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. Players will also get to relive a classic PRIDE Mode rivalry between renowned UFC fighters and former champions Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Wanderlei Silva.

"The playable demo for UFC Undisputed 3 will give consumers their first taste of the virtual Octagon with four incredible fighters and unique gameplay experiences across UFC and PRIDE Mode," said Danny Bilson, executive vice president, Core Games, THQ. "We are eager to see how our fans worldwide embrace this engaging and powerful mixed martial arts gameplay experience."

UFC Undisputed 3 will be released on February 17 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

UFC Undisputed 3 is expected to have many new changes from UFC Undisputed 2010, including the following:

New THQ servers for online play

Pride Mode, with Pride rules, ring, and fighters. Commentary will be provided by Bas Rutten and Stephen Quadros. Lenne Hardt will announce the fighters in Pride.

A brand new submission system.

Mo-capping used for fighters giving more realistic movement and striking.(This doesn't apply for all fighters. Some will still use archetypes.)

New Stats: Footwork, Ground Grapple Top and Bottom for offense and defense.

Fighter entrances.

Two gameplay control options: traditional and simplified. (Pro and Amateur controls)

Leg Kick TKOs, including leg breaks from checked kicks.

New submission moves including the standing rear naked choke, standing guillotine, and the flying scissor heel hook.

New KO animations.

Damage recovery between rounds.

Cuts affect stamina and energy recovery rate.

Redesigned striking game emphasizing jabs, quick strikes, and combinations.

New Stamina system. Your stamina can only come back up so far until you are fully rested.

Stamina depletion will also effect fighter's stats.

New clinch controls. You can close the distance to keep from getting knee'd to the head & punching your way out. (This also helps in other areas)

New transition in the clinch to back control.

Whip knees can be done to the body & can be blocked.

Stat decay removed in Career Mode.

Roster fighters from the UFC and Pride can now be taken through career mode.

Auto-Block removed.

New ground positions with the cage.

Using the cage to set-up submissions & "wall walking" back to a standing position.

New options, such as Stamina Simulation mode, Competition Spec mode (Removes all random elements such as flash KOs and doctor stoppages), and Stat Equalizer (Equalizes all stats to 80 for both fighters).

Reach is now a big part in striking.

Fighters are now able to sway on the ground to avoid strikes.

A new feint system.

Takedown-intercepting knees have been added.

"Finish the Fight" allows you to continue striking until the ref pulls you off.

Sweeps are back including new ones.

Elbow spamming has been fixed. Only certain fighters have elbows in clinch range.

Ref resetting has been fixed. You can only pull someone off the cage by a takedown/slam.

No more sub-cancelling.

Pride Grand Prix have been included, with the ability to have fights in the same night with damage moving onto the next fight.

More shit, including roster: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Undisputed_3

More shit from IGN regarding the demo: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1216994p1.html

I've gotta say, "Leg Kick TKOs, including leg breaks from checked kicks." is standing out to me. Specifically the potential for leg breaks.

i.e. it's fucking retarded.

It will probably happen too much compared to real life. Bit like the ball hitting the ref in Fifa.

Quite liked the demo, but it still felt very similar to the last version.  If I wasn't such a big UFC fan I probably wouldn't bother buying it and just stick with the last one!

I'm hoping the career mode is going to be better this time; in previous versions you just spend ages fucking around with stats and hardly ever fighting.

I really hope the leg breaks are a freak occurance and hardly ever happen!

Guest Shreddy Krueger

That video is quality! Played Pride mode quite a bit last night, the threat of knees to the head really changes the ground game. Can't wait to play the full game, the Featherweights should be good fun!

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I'll probably buy it even though I don't think either of the last two have been much good.

Hmm flying scissor heel hook...sounds like something I want to be able to do.

Removal of stat decay in career mode is my favorite one.

Hope they have improved some other aspects of the career mode as well.

F.ex when sparring to learn moves, it would be good if the sim could actually do stuff that made it possible for you to perform the move you are trying to learn.

When training TDD in real life, your sparring partner will hardly back off to counter strike through the whole session :lol:

Just tried the demo, and will not be getting the game. Just like SVR series, these are just too similar to the previous years.

I´ll have to set up a spread sheet so I can have an overview on how to cycle between FIFA, FM, SVR & UFC each year, and then end up buying all of them each year anyway  :okay:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shreddy Krueger

Yeah, got it this morning, wasn't too impressed by the demo, but the full game is awesome. Career mode is 10 times better. Just got my 1st title shot in Career mode. Fighting Diego Sanchez for the WW belt. Get the game!

Got bored of the last one far too quickly..

Watched a video of this on youtube.. thought it looked too similar and wasn't going to bother.. now I look in this thread and see people buying it and now I fancy it!

Yeah, got it this morning, wasn't too impressed by the demo, but the full game is awesome. Career mode is 10 times better. Just got my 1st title shot in Career mode. Fighting Diego Sanchez for the WW belt. Get the game!

How is the training aspect of the career mode?

Really HATED the UFCU2 career mode due to:

Stat decay

Not enough time to max out stats and learn enough moves (Read: Had to focus on one or the other, where stats often won but the fighter ended up boring to use due to only having basic move arsenal)

Learning new moves were a pain in the butt as the AI thought the training/sparring session was a normal fight, so you were unable to train the specific move all to often

Fucking sponsor on shirts and shorts taking fucking AGES to put on to get as much cred as possible. There must be a more convenient way to make sure you are getting all the creds you can.

Guest Shreddy Krueger

The training mini games are fun, like the one where you have to sprawl on the basketball and the one flipping the tyres, makes it a lot more interesting than the previous games with their repetitive sparring. Lots of cutscene interviews with various fighters commenting on their pro debut, first title shot and other milestones you reach in your career. I finish work in 45 mins, can't wait to get back on it... btw I lost my first title shot against Sanchez... was an intense fight, he sneakily kneed me in the face when i thought i had him. Lovin the heelhook reversal when your opponent is trying to push you out of their guard. The tutorial is very good, and thorough. Only problem with the game so far is i spent the first 15 mins typing in all the redeem codes n sheeeit, boring!

The training mini games are fun, like the one where you have to sprawl on the basketball and the one flipping the tyres, makes it a lot more interesting than the previous games with their repetitive sparring. Lots of cutscene interviews with various fighters commenting on their pro debut, first title shot and other milestones you reach in your career. I finish work in 45 mins, can't wait to get back on it... btw I lost my first title shot against Sanchez... was an intense fight, he sneakily kneed me in the face when i thought i had him. Lovin the heelhook reversal when your opponent is trying to push you out of their guard. The tutorial is very good, and thorough. Only problem with the game so far is i spent the first 15 mins typing in all the redeem codes n sheeeit, boring!

I'm gonna cartwheel kick you in the face. Just so you know...  :nods:

Enjoying it so far, round my other half's though so only managed to have a quick go but seems much better than the last (career mode that is).

Found the career minigame things quite difficult on first play, the tire one and hitting the mitts especially!

Guest Shreddy Krueger

Online is badass! won 12 in a row last night in Pride with Anderson Silva.... got crushed in the 13th fight. Love this game, Who wouldn't love to stomp Coco in the face repeatedly?  :D