European Break...on your own

ads

Alreet chaps,

Just a bit of advice really. I separated from my wife early in December and am looking at a little trip to Europe on my own like, just to get a break. Anywhere between 3-5 days provided there's enough to do of course. Thing is, I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

I'd ideally want something on a small-ish budget, anyone done anything like this before? If I was left to sort it on my own I'd probably look at Easy Jet for flights and then Google hotels in whichever city I choose. Like I said, just wanting some advice from you guys.

Just after some recommendations based on your experiences really, any advice on places/prices would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys :thup:

Italy is my favourite country in Europe so far. Flights are alright IIRC, ultimate way to see it is hire a car and drive around all the small towns IMO.

Heard great things about Berlin and Budapest too. About to go to Istanbul which looks good.

Strangely enjoy going places on my own, sure you'll have a class time.

Amsterdam is poor. Avoid.

Budapest and Berlin are my fave cities. Budapest is magical. Berlin is mental.

If you can ignore the red light district and all the crap that goes with it then Amsterdam is not poor, it is a very nice city. Some excellent architecture and museums, plenty of interesting things to do.

Guest Stephen927

Not in Europe, but you should go to Hawaii.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_UT5wB1hfkyWH6WfZ_R6FxRqYgLE03Y2bxmAwM-eisF5xNycdJ9EBw7yAsQ

Guest palnese

Gan to Nice, get yourself a car and drive to Milano. Lovely ride down the coast.

Prague is cheap and a lovely town as well.

Rome is great, but expensive.

Alreet chaps,

Just a bit of advice really. I separated from my wife early in December and am looking at a little trip to Europe on my own like, just to get a break. Anywhere between 3-5 days provided there's enough to do of course. Thing is, I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

I'd ideally want something on a small-ish budget, anyone done anything like this before? If I was left to sort it on my own I'd probably look at Easy Jet for flights and then Google hotels in whichever city I choose. Like I said, just wanting some advice from you guys.

Just after some recommendations based on your experiences really, any advice on places/prices would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys :thup:

Insanely Jealous.

Not being a cunt or anything, but I am really jealous. I'm sure splitting from your wife wasn't pleasant but seriously, I can't count how many times a day a thought goes through my head that starts with "If I split up with the wife.....".

I'd be doing some serious travelling. I'd work my arse off for a year, save up some cash, pound the streets and hit the gym to get back in shape (8 years of lush cooked dinners has taken it's toll) and then I'd be off. I'd have to get round pretty much every country in Europe and then I'd hit the rest of the world a couple of years later.

Good luck to you man, just go and enjoy yourself.

Last year I went to Basel on my own for a month, which in hindsight was probably a bit too long. In the first week I visited different parts of the city by tram every day, sampling the culture. The centre of the city itself really is beautiful with some stunning architecture. The National History Museum is well worth a visit, as is the Münsterplatz square near the cathedral. After a week or so it turned out I'd done pretty much everything there was to do in Basel and the weather took a turn for the worse. I then spent most days in my hotel room simply watching Swiss TV (which by the way is dire). At nights I stopped eating out and if I wasn't crying myself to sleep I'd be wanking furiously into a sock.

So if you decide to go to Basel I would recommend you do it for no longer than a week, maybe ten days max.