sunderland

JH

I went to Northumbria Uni (well, it was Newcastle Poly at the time).

My best mate up there was a mackem, from Cleadon. We went over to his parents house a few times. Now, that's a particularly posh area, so I assumed most of Sunderland was relatively pleasant (like Newcastle). Then we went into the centre, and I rapidly re-evaluated.

This was 1989, though, I would imagine it has improved a lot since then.

No. It hasn't.

Guest Craig-NUFC

My best mate up there was a mackem, from Cleadon. We went over to his parents house a few times. Now, that's a particularly posh area, so I assumed most of Sunderland was relatively pleasant (like Newcastle). Then we went into the centre, and I rapidly re-evaluated.

Guessing the only difference is that there are more Greggs and Joplings is shut.

Will they be giving you a free ticket for the derby then ?

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=735715

It'll just be like everywhere with some nice parts and some not so nice. The centre is still mostly bollocks though, they've got the Bridges which is a new shopping centre but all the shops are tiny. It's like something off The Wicker Man walking round at times, but then again so is outside The Black Garter  :lol:

Probably got worse, if anything.

Guest WashyGeordie

seriously, they cant sell out for this game!!?!??

whats their attendances been this season?

Courtesy of Wiki:

Reading P-P

41,997 vs L'pool

37,742 vs Wigan

Cleadon only has a Sunderland postcode. It isn't in Sunderland it is part of South Tyneside. So you really didn't encounter a nice part of Sunderland.