sunderland

JH

Was that Justin Lockwood or whatever he's called?

Credit to the fella at 3-0 at half time during the 5-1 he came on at half time shouting at the mackems "are you lot still here!?" :lol:

It was Lockwood aye. Remember being furious "The Premiership" on ITV didn't show somebody's disallowed goal in their shitty highlights.

:lol:

Get in.

We were in the clock stand singing mainly Newcastle songs and the Gillingham fans joined in with us.  I would guess that a few hundred of our fans were also in the Roker end because they had Newcastle banners and were wearing Newcastle tops and singing our songs.

I went down to Sunderland and parked the car by Seaburn Station.  We walked to the ground and could see loads of cars with Newcastle registrations.  I told my brother and he said they would be Sunderland fans who had bought cars in Newcastle, I agreed.  We got to the back of the Fulwell and we could hear Newcastle songs, my brother said that would be Gillingham fans taking the piss, I agreed.  We got behind the Clock Stand and we had massive queues as the Police tried to keep us all in the same section, it was surreal.

I was down visiting me mam's side of the family when they lost to Charlton in the playoffs.  Watched it in a pub in Greenwich rammed with Charlton fans with me dad.  Was only 10.  That was a canny day.  Seem to remember a couple of their fans bought me dad a pint, and me a coke because we were cheering Charlton on.

What a day that was. Back in the era when every Championship Play Off final seemed to be an epic game.

I was down visiting me mam's side of the family when they lost to Charlton in the playoffs.  Watched it in a pub in Greenwich rammed with Charlton fans with me dad.  Was only 10.  That was a canny day.  Seem to remember a couple of their fans bought me dad a pint, and me a coke because we were cheering Charlton on.

What a day that was. Back in the era when every Championship Play Off final seemed to be an epic game.

me and me dad used to watch them quite a bit when we went down there.  £10 for adults and £4 for bairns.  Seems a lifetime ago.

There's a story that goes round my Dads mates that in the early 80s they got a transit down to Roker. As soon as they parked up, one of the lads piled out the back and chucked a bottle at some passing mackems whilst shouting "get the bastards!"

Unfortunately a copper was passing by at the time and immediately arrested him.

On Wearside soil for 10 seconds before getting arrested. :yao:

Gareth Harrison of TF has just retweeted this.

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/sportsnews/video/43534

unimpressed mackem is unimpressed with his first answer.

i used to work (briefly) with mr mcfadden. it's the first time i've seen him smile. he was very snidey and that was before i found out he was a mackem.

did a placement with Century Radio before the 1-1 at SJP when Steven Taylor was brutishly hacked down for a penalty.  Was told to go and get interviews for a package with Mark Jensen of the Mag and McFadden.  Got Jensen no problem.  Walked into the ALS shop next to the stadium of plagiarism and asked if Martyn was in.  Turned out he was away on business so asked the bloke in there if he'd do an interview instead.  Told me he'd love to, but couldn't because McFadden had imposed some zany "rule" where only he could speak on behalf of the fanzine.

McFadden is of course your typical Sunderland fan - a geordie who hates Newcastle United more than he loves the team he follows.

Nail on head - the bitterness shines through very clearly.

BTW - what is this 'lalas' stuff that some Mags go on about? :???:

McFadden is of course your typical Sunderland fan - a geordie who hates Newcastle United more than he loves the team he follows.

Nail on head - the bitterness shines through very clearly.

BTW - what is this 'lalas' stuff that some Mags go on about? :???:

Lets all laugh at sunderland.

That video is hilarious. At about a minute in he loses all sense of humour and reverts to type as the bitter mackem bringing up Shepherds ‘dogs’ comment (15 years ago) and the Meadowell riots (22 years ago and not Newcastle), then his neurons and synapses start firing in random sequences and he starts babbling on about Cruddas Park and Spanish holidays.  I’m reminded of the Simpsons valentines day episode... “Look Lisa, if you pause it you can pin point the second where his heart rips in half”

Sunderland v Newcastle preview Stand by your Dan: Toon fans to applaud racism-target Rose on derby day

By Simon Bird  |  18 Oct 2012 22:30

Danny Rose has declared himself ready to face Newcastle on Sunday - despite the trauma of suffering hours of racist abuse against Serbia this week.

The left-back, on loan at Sunderland from Spurs, could even find himself getting a round of applause from an unlikely source before Sunday's match - Geordie fans are proposing to make a gesture of solidarity with the England Under-21 star before the North-East derby.

That would be a remarkable, and welcome, event ahead of a fixture more famous for division and rancour.

Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill suggested he will take a view of Rose's state of mind to see if he is ready to be picked, and not suffering after-effects following his sending-off amid stormy scenes on Tuesday.

Rose claimed he was hit twice by stones thrown by fans during the game and said he first noticed racial abuse being directed his way from the terraces during the warm-up.

But he said, "I can't wait for the Newcastle game to see what that's like."

Commenting on a suggesting from Tyneside fans that the away support could applaud Rose during the warm-up at the Stadium of Light, O'Neill said: "It would be exceptionally gracious, and I'm sure it would be appreciated."

He added: "Hopefully, he will take it in his stride. I am just getting to know Danny, so I will have a word with him in the next couple of days.

"He is rightly angry and disappointed. It has been a difficult situation for him. I have the utmost sympathy and empathy for him. Everyone here at the club is very much on his side."

I wouldn't hold your breath Mr Rose.

Racism is wrong and its terrible its still around, but...

why applaud? It was terrible that it happened but why applaud him for receiving abuse. He acted up as anybody would given the situation but i dont get what we are applauding. Just ask yourself, how would you answer if someone who didnt know what happened said "Why are you clapping him?". Answering "he was racially abused" just makes it feel weird.