Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Depends on the allocation shirely Wormy?

:thup: Obviously. Just wondered on what the general uptake used to be like. Uptake will probably be a fair bit higher now though seeing as it's been 5 years since our last foray. Not getting my hopes up. Might at least be able to get to a few home matches with Thursday being a regular day off work for me.

:thup: Obviously. Just wondered on what the general uptake used to be like. Uptake will probably be a fair bit higher now though seeing as it's been 5 years since our last foray. Not getting my hopes up. Might at least be able to get to a few home matches with Thursday being a regular day off work for me.

Hopefully the home games aren't ruined by stupid kick offs for TV. City for example have kicked off at 5/6pm on a couple of occasions, in home games no less. The away games could be at any bloody time, remember the 4pm against Valarenga? :lol:

Hopefully the home games aren't ruined by stupid kick offs for TV. City for example have kicked off at 5/6pm on a couple of occasions, in home games no less. The away games could be at any bloody time, remember the 4pm against Valarenga? :lol:

:lol: I was sat listening to that on the school bus on the way home. Can't believe it was like 8 years ago.

#NUFC all but assured place in Europe after FA confirm #CFC #LFC cup final opens up 6th place finish for Euro qualification

17 minutes ago

Ian Dennis

Iandennisbbc

:aww:

Not if Chelsea win the Champions League and finish outside of the top 4 though?

Then they'd make CL, 4th & 5th would get Europa.

England would get an extra Europa League spot if Chelsea win the Champions League.

#NUFC all but assured place in Europe after FA confirm #CFC #LFC cup final opens up 6th place finish for Euro qualification

17 minutes ago

Ian Dennis

Iandennisbbc

:aww:

Not if Chelsea win the Champions League and finish outside of the top 4 though?

Then they'd make CL, 4th & 5th would get Europa.

England would get an extra Europa League spot if Chelsea win the Champions League.

Ah, fair enough.

Realised it didn't really make sense anyway.

If they win CL and come 5th, 4th & 6th in the league would get their Europa spot anyway. If they won and came 6th, 4th and 5th would get Europa spots with Liverpool. Regardless we'd be in one of the spots.

What stage of the competition do we enter if we finish 6th? Surely we need to play one play off-round to get in to the group stage? Or am I wrong? Don't what to sound pessimistic but this European adventure COULD end after just two games?

I guess 5th place takes you right into the group stage?

What stage of the competition do we enter if we finish 6th? Surely we need to play one play off-round to get in to the group stage? Or am I wrong? Don't what to sound pessimistic but this European adventure COULD end after just two games?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_UEFA_Europa_League#Qualifying_rounds

The Cup is given the highest priority. As that place is going to the league, I would guess the order of priority moves down one and 5th place gets straight in. Might be wrong though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_UEFA_Europa_League#Qualifying_rounds

The Cup is given the highest priority. As that place is going to the league, I would guess the order of priority moves down one and 5th place gets straight in. Might be wrong though.

Think I've read amidst of all the confusion that this is the case.

That's what I thought  :thup:

It depends who wins the cup. If Liverpool won it they'd take the first spot rather than the third. So we now want Liverpool to lose so we'll miss one round.

Basically we can't get the top spot as either cup winner would take that.

We NOW want Liverpool to lose?

Your not a regular are you?

It depends who wins the cup. If Liverpool won it they'd take the first spot rather than the third. So we now want Liverpool to lose so we'll miss one round.

Basically we can't get the top spot as either cup winner would take that.

We NOW want Liverpool to lose?

Your not a regular are you?

Well we wanted them to win Saturday, as horrible as it sounds.

I'm just messing mate. There will be no shortage of people wanting Liverpool to lose the final, which they will.

Guest michaelfoster

My understanding is this (may be wrong)

1st Place - Champions League Group Stage (Man Utd)

2nd Place - Champions League Group Stage (Man City)

3rd Place - Champions League Group Stage (Arsenal)

4th Place - Champions League Playoff Round (Tottenham)

5th Place - Europa League Playoff Round (Newcastle)

6th Place - Europa League (Chelsea)

FA Cup - Europa League Group Stage (Chelsea or Liverpool)

League Cup - Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round (Liverpool)

If Chelsea win the FA Cup they will get the group stages as that takes priority over the league position so everything else drops down one

(ie 5th will be the playoff and 6th place will go into 3rd qual)

If Liverpool win the FA Cup they will get the group stages and 6th place will get the 3rd qual round as FA Cup takes priority over league cup, therefore 5th will be the playoff

How easy will it be for a regular ST holder such as myself to get a ticket for away games?

I would say that it depends on allocations and how easy it is to get to the city from Newcastle.

I don't know the rules for allocation of tickets, I just hope it's not like the PL where Lambias has took reduced allocations.