Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Points from last 6:

4:  Arsenal  5  (43 pts)

5:  Chelsea  9 (43 pts)

6:  Newcastle 12 (42 pts)

7:  Liverpool 5 (38 pts)

6 points from the next two games would keep the pressure on this lot for sure.  As it is, depite 2 heavy defeats, we are the most in-form team in the battle for 4th.  A massive push from all concerned and 4th is a possible IMO.

RVP interviewed saying we're a CL challenger. Hardly an earth shattering statement, but nice to hear from a player of his quality.

We're on the up. Sign him up when he finally hands in that transfer request. :snod:

Also, it seems Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool are in varying degrees of crisis, while we're having the time of our lives. We have the feel good factor and the momentum.

My mistake. I forgot that we love snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, I forgot our players can be complete idiots and I forgot that when needing a winner we throw Shola on.

So close yet so far comes to mind. Only 3 points off fourth place but the way we've been playing since the new year and it not looking like changing any time soon leaves me with no hope.

So now it's:

NUFC finish 5th or above

NUFC finish 6th with Liverpool finishing 5th or above

NUFC finish 6th with two teams contesting the FA Cup Final who have already qualified for Europe (top five or Liverpool)

NUFC finish 7th with two teams contesting the FA Cup Final who have already qualified for Europe (top five or Liverpool) AND Liverpool finish 5th or above.

I think.

So now it's:

NUFC finish 5th or above

NUFC finish 6th with two teams contesting the FA Cup Final who have already qualified for Europe (top five or Liverpool)

NUFC finish 7th with two teams contesting the FA Cup Final who have already qualified for Europe (top five or Liverpool) AND Liverpool finish 5th or above.

I think.

What if we finish 4th?  :smug:

By the way, what's the 'Liverpool finish 5th or above' about?

So now it's:

NUFC finish 5th or above

I think.

If Liverpool finish 5th it goes down to 6th as they've just secured Europa League through the Carling Cup.

So now it's:

NUFC finish 5th or above

I think.

Their European place only goes back into the league if they finish in the European places, i.e. the top 5 or top 6 if a top 5 team wins the FA Cup.

So now it's:

NUFC finish 5th or above

I think.

They can't be in Europe twice, so if they finish 5th (a Europa League spot) the other place goes to 6th instead. If they finish in the top four, their Europe League spot from the Carling Cup win goes to 6th.