Summer Transfer Window Predictions

Guest sicko2ndbest

pretty much the same bar Giroud I think. Clyne..I don't know. He's a London boy and if a southern club comes knocking he might prefer staying down there.

Would definitely have Diame here given that he's on a free....not completely sold on Hoillet but another good potential free signing and obvious improvement on Obertan.

Douglas from FC Twente? If he gets his Dutch passport (or already has) ....it's a good possibility.  Another freebie.

Thing is we are a few players off a very good team, if we can keep hold of the likes of Colo, Tiote and Ba - the three that seem the most likely to move on at the moment and add quality players that can go straight into the first team and a couple of squad fillers we'll be looking good.

Next season will be tough, given such a good run this season and looks like we'll probably finish 7th at least this season the expectations will be higher. We are in a good position to punch on now just waiting for Ashley to fuck it up.

Literally impossible to predict our transfer windows these days.

1. Starting left-back........ Imperative.

2. Starting centre-back... Imperative.

3. Backup striker............. Necessary.

4. Backup winger............ Not absolutely necessary but would be nice.

That's what we need this summer, in order of priority, assuming nobody other than the bosmans leave. Would take a backup centre-back (as opposed to an out-and-out replacement for Taylor).

It contradicts everything i said then about Taylor, but i'd love to see someone come in for Simpson, even if it meant leaving us one short on full-backs again. It would mean we'd have to invest in a better right-back (or move Santon over and get a new LB).

I'm concerned that we're content with Danny, considering his immovable position in the side. He really isn't good enough for where we're aspiring to be.

Sell - Løvenkrands, Smith, Ranger & Forster

Buy - Centre-back (Douglas, M'Bwia, Samba) Right or left-back

If we are in europe, add a midfielder and a youngish striker.

Close transfer window.

Seems like the club have been alot of tapping up on good talent in peculiar positions at their clubs. Will be an interesting window imo. Hopefully for the better. I do however expect a major transfer out this summer. Just hope we keep up our transfer buisness and get out of the window even stronger (yet again).

I reckon we are in for wholsale changes again this summer.  Any of Lovers, Smith, Ranger, Guthrie, Xisco and Simpson aswell as any of our blue chip players could leave.

With regards to ins a couple of decent freebies and the rest dependent on who we sell.

Who gives a fuck man, seriously? Less than two days since the last one closed, why not just forget about transfers for a bit and enjoy the rest of the season with the players we've got now?

Rant over, I don't expect many to agree. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Who gives a fuck man, seriously? Less than two days since the last one closed, why not just forget about transfers for a bit and enjoy the rest of the season with the players we've got now?

Rant over, I don't expect many to agree. :lol:

Very much this.

pretty much the same bar Giroud I think. Clyne..I don't know. He's a London boy and if a southern club comes knocking he might prefer staying down there.

Would definitely have Diame here given that he's on a free....not completely sold on Hoillet but another good potential free signing and obvious improvement on Obertan.

Douglas from FC Twente? If he gets his Dutch passport (or already has) ....it's a good possibility.  Another freebie.

:no:

On topic: I am fully bracing myself for Demba Ba leaving us for the release fee in his contract (7 million?). Every chance Tiote will be on the move too, as will Colo if he won't sign a new contract in the next few months. These will need replacing with players of similar quality, which should be financially possible with the incoming fees involved, especially for Cheick. I would also like us to get in another quality full back and centre back. Some of the bit part players (Smith, Lovenkrands, Harper, maybe Guthrie) will leave and hopefully be replaced by younger, more promising players who will provide cover and can develop in first team players in time.

Guest palnese

If we lose Colo, Tiote and Ba in the summer we're pretty fucked, regarless of the replacements.

These are three massive players for us, and we simly can't afford to lose all of them in one window.

If we lose Colo, Tiote and Ba in the summer we're pretty fucked, regarless of the replacements.

These are three massive players for us, and we simly can't afford to lose all of them in one window.

Barton, Enrique, and our captain were 3 massive players for us and left in the same window. We survived, and thrived.

/it's the quality we bring in that's the thing, not the players they replace.