Unsung Terrace Hero's #1- The Phantom Yodeller

Guest cybermansrevenge

Guest cybermansrevenge

Does anyone remember this fellow? In the 80's during some dreadful dreadful games when the crowd was pissed off, wet (no roof at either end, by god you've never had it so good, etc) and just before they were about to get on the backs of the Newcastle players; out of the Gallowgate end would come this strange noise. It seemed to be somewhere between a red indian war cry and a yodel, it was only one bloke but by god it was loud. It could easily be heard in the Leazes where I used to stand and following it invariably the crowd would find their voices and get behind the team.

Is this all a figment of my imagination or did it really happen?

If it did when was this last heard? Anyone know why he stopped going? Maybe didn't fancy (couldn't afford) it post all seaters/urine rolling down terraces?

Certainly with some of the performances this season we could do with him.

Guest Jinky James

The guys name was Davy Tinning and he is/was a painter and decorator from High heaton.

He only did it once per game and usually in the second half.

New him back then but havn,t seen him for years.

Was definitely at the back of the East Stand near the Corner.  It was more an American Indian war cry than a yodeller  :lol:  Yodeller's are from Switzerland ya daft c***  tongue.gif

In the seats, in the seats, in the seats, in the seats, in the seats, in the seats, in the seats, in the seats - UNIIIIIIIIIIITED UNIIIIIIITED UNIIIIIIITED UNIIIIIIIIITED

Guest cybermansrevenge

Okay I think the consensus is East stand, hey from the Leazes it seemed to be at the other end of the ground!

I did say it was

somewhere between a red indian war cry and a yodel

But I was completely unaware of his nationality

Yodeller's are from Switzerland ya daft c***  tongue.gif

I didn't know High Heaton had an enclave of Native Americans  :winking:

Well glad to know I didn't imagine it.

The 'Dodgy Keeper' bloke in the NE Corner/Leazes is a ledge.

Him and the four blokes around him are consistently pissed as fuck  :thup:  I believe everyone should do what they do, bath 9am, can round the mates 10am, pub 11am-3.  Atmosphere would be mint.

To the other bloke, he's not a yodeller they make a different sound to the East Stand bloke, and if he's from Heaton, unlucky for him, too many student cunts round there these days.

Him and the four blokes around him are consistently pissed as fuck  :thup:  I believe everyone should do what they do, bath 9am, can round the mates 10am, pub 11am-3.  Atmosphere would be mint.

To the other bloke, he's not a yodeller they make a different sound to the East Stand bloke, and if he's from Heaton, unlucky for him, too many student cunts round there these days.

where do you sit now Stevie? i sit 2 seats from NE corner, in the leazes, got moved there in 94 from the gallowgate

Him and the four blokes around him are consistently pissed as F***  :thup:  I believe everyone should do what they do, bath 9am, can round the mates 10am, pub 11am-3.  Atmosphere would be mint.

To the other bloke, he's not a yodeller they make a different sound to the East Stand bloke, and if he's from Heaton, unlucky for him, too many student C***s round there these days.

where do you sit now Stevie? i sit 2 seats from NE corner, in the leazes, got moved there in 94 from the gallowgate

I used to sit Row L seat 32 in the Leazes upper (not level 7) from 1993-2001 then I moved further forward cos they were all miserable cunts beside me and those blokes were down a bit to my left.  My season ticket last season was in Leazes Level 7 and was class apart from one or two of the stewards, but I've not got it this season, just been going game to game when I can but will get my exact seat back next season.

I know a lass who sits in the NE corner, do you sit sort of in the middle of it.  She's fit and got blonde hair if there's anyone of that description near you.

Him and the four blokes around him are consistently pissed as F***  :thup:  I believe everyone should do what they do, bath 9am, can round the mates 10am, pub 11am-3.  Atmosphere would be mint.

To the other bloke, he's not a yodeller they make a different sound to the East Stand bloke, and if he's from Heaton, unlucky for him, too many student C***s round there these days.

I used to sit Row L seat 32 in the Leazes upper (not level 7) from 1993-2001 then I moved further forward cos they were all miserable cunts beside me and those blokes were down a bit to my left.  My season ticket last season was in Leazes Level 7 and was class apart from one or two of the stewards, but I've not got it this season, just been going game to game when I can but will get my exact seat back next season.

I know a lass who sits in the NE corner, do you sit sort of in the middle of it.  She's fit and got blonde hair if there's anyone of that description near you.

Im in row J of Leazes

I sit about 10 seats from the East Stand. Got moved the same time as you. I know you weren't asking me but I'm bored.

Skirge sits roond there.  That used to be the away end from 95-99.  blueconfused.gif

aye that was the away end from 95, when did you start sitting there alex?

loved it when i got moved 2 seats away from there in 94

Guest cybermansrevenge

i remember the yodeller,what about mad tommy(check my sig!!),the guru or the peanut aggro fella ?

Don't ring any bells but pray tell us more...

This indian yell thing... If it was 84-85 was it not more of Mexican "A-ya-ha-ha" thing?

For those fo you who have travelled to Mexico its a tradition from the state of Jalisco.

No it was a cowboys and indians sound.

he was there from my first season 85 to 89, then he just stopped his noises, went to jail, or never came back.

This indian yell thing... If it was 84-85 was it not more of Mexican "A-ya-ha-ha" thing?

For those fo you who have travelled to Mexico its a tradition from the state of Jalisco.

No it was a cowboys and indians sound.

he was there from my first season 85 to 89, then he just stopped his noises, went to jail, or never came back.

He was there early 90's like but went away when we got promoted

Yep, definitely at the back of The East Stand!

I used to sit with me Old Man in The Paddocks below those "posh" ( bluebiggrin.gif) Executive boxes and he was above them!

Anyone remember Kenny Everett an arl?!

"Kenny, Kenny, give us a song?"..........YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITED!

Yep, definitely at the back of The East Stand!

I used to sit with me Old Man in The Paddocks below those "posh" ( bluebiggrin.gif) Executive boxes and he was above them!

Anyone remember Kenny Everett an arl?!

"Kenny, Kenny, give us a song?"..........YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITED!

Aye a dee  :lol: :lol:  Get ya flasks oot for the lads.

Can ye remember that game against West Ham, Gazza's last for the toon, where the ball went in the Paddock and some bloke kicked the ball back on to the pitch and his slip on came off his foot and landed on the pitch.  Gazza picked it up and sniffed it and fell down at the smell  :lol: ah it was class, a loved that season 87/88.