Antidepressants

Rocker

I'm on Setraline at the moment, first time ever on any prescription tablets other than antibiotics.

3 days in and I feel like I need to chew my teeth to bits, muscles feel tight and my pupils are dilated to fuck  :lol:

Anyone else on any of these mad bastards?

I was on some when I was about 20 for nearly a year, sound very different to yours though mind.  Mine didn't kick in for a couple of months then just really levelled out my mood, to the extent that you get sick of it and have to ween yourself off them.  They did help to begin with at a time when my moods were very erratic mind.

Hope you're areet mate. :thup:

My sister is on them (she's only 17) and the docs keep on upping the dosage, I think she may even be on the maximum dosage she can be on. I'm not a major fan of them, they don't seem to be helping her, though she does have a host of problems.

All the best fella, hope it helps?

My best mate was on them for a year and in that space of time he dreamt about having sex with every member of his family :lol:

Taking them for anxiety and dreaming about Zombies, gotta be a link there...

His Dad?  :lol:

Aye, well, I'll see how they go for a month and if it's made a difference I'll stick em, if I still feel like this I'll jack them in.

I actually decapitated this lasses head with a spade and it took ages...  :(

Had episodes of depression before but refuse to take antidepressants, in the short term I'm sure they can relieve the problem but as a person you haven't changed.

Personally I think you have to be pro active about it and work on yourself.          Doctors/psychologists/counsellors can't change your life, but you can with patience.

I think there's too many quick fix approaches which don't solve the problem.

Wish you well though mate, hope they help.

Had episodes of depression before but refuse to take antidepressants, in the short term I'm sure they can relieve the problem but as a person you haven't changed.

Personally I think you have to be pro active about it and work on yourself.          Doctors/psychologists/counsellors can't change your life, but you can with patience.

I think there's too many quick fix approaches which don't solve the problem.

Wish you well though mate, hope they help.

Aye, I've beaten anxiety/health anxiety before without drugs, took a while but I did it, it's just came back after 4/5 years and the doctor insisted I try these bad boys. Like I said before, I never ever normally take any sort of tablets, I'm scared shitless of drugs etc.

The only time I ever suffered from anxiety was after 2 or more days benders. As alcohol is a depressant that kind of makes sense. So alcohol wouldn't mix very well with your anxiety and potentially undo any benefitial effects of the seretin changes your drug is supposed to be doing.

Also you can get hooked on these things like any other mood altering drug. So take care.

Hell of a drug that, used to treat PTSD, you on a high dosage ?

If they don't settle and you go back to the Docs DO NOT accept another drug to counter act the side effects of the Setraline, you will end up on a canny cocktail.

Make sure you are clear and determined that you want to try another drug for the anxiety.

Not my advice by the way my wife is an RMN

If they don't settle and you go back to the Docs DO NOT accept another drug to counter act the side effects of the Setraline, you will end up on a canny cocktail.

Make sure you are clear and determined that you want to try another drug for the anxiety.

My process whilst reading this post:

1) Double click on PTSD, Right click, Select 'Search Google for PTSD'

2) "aaaahh"

3) Read main post

4)  Double click on RMN, Right click, Select 'Search Google for RMN'

5) Results:

http://i.imgur.com/Lyel5.png

:hmm:

Never been on that but it just sounds like normal side affects, stick with it and your body will become accustomed to them in a week or so. Also, if you do give them a chance and they don't work for you then don't write all anti deps off, as different ones work for different people, took about 4 different drugs before I was given ones that I felt helped.

Hope you feel better!

My process whilst reading this post:

1) Double click on PTSD, Right click, Select 'Search Google for PTSD'

2) "aaaahh"

3) Read main post

4)  Double click on RMN, Right click, Select 'Search Google for RMN'

5) Results:

http://i.imgur.com/Lyel5.png

:hmm:

:mackems:

RMN - Registered Mental Nurse

Thats mental health not a general rinse thats nutts

:lol:

How exactly do you know that you've got depressions anyway?

Everyone I suppose (well, in my case it is at least) everyone has bad days and thinks that there's no way out of something. Especially if some things with work, finances or girls aren't or are happening.

For me, though, beer has done the job everytime.....

How exactly do you know that you've got depressions anyway?

Everyone I suppose (well, in my case it is at least) everyone has bad days and thinks that there's no way out of something. Especially if some things with work, finances or girls aren't or are happening.

For me, though, beer has done the job everytime.....

you need a diagnosis by a psychiatrist using DSM diagnosis criteria.

Has the Doc suggested Cognitive therapy or other types of counselling or have they just handed you pills like they're sweeties?

Had counselling 5/6 years ago and it worked a treat. It's just came back in the last two weeks. I had a 24 hour panic attack and the doctor gave me these, just for a month

Edit, and now I cant orgasm. Great.

Good luck with it Rocker.

As someone else said earlier you have to work on yourself/the mind as well (I know it sounds cliched), but those are the nuts and bolts of it. I had a bad spell a couple of years back when everything seemed to be getting on top of me. I went back to Eng for a bit and did 3 months Jungian psychotherapy (a lot of talking about feelings, behaviours, thought patterns and early negative experiences and so on..)

To cut a long story short it really worked and it clicked with me that I was carrying around a lot of heavy bags from the past and supressing my feelings etc..

Talking to someone you trust or a psychologist of some kind beats most of the drugs IMO.

I think most people would benefit from it as it goes.

Psych issues are commonplace these days due to modern life being what it is.