Footballing traditions

bowlingcrofty

What football traditions do you love or did you used to love before the past few years?

Mine used to be watching the scores on teletext, sat there staring at a screen for ages 'howay man flick to the next page we might have scored'

Loved teletext me.  Soccer Saturday et al are great - but I regret that they've taken away the mystique of teletext

What football traditions do you love or did you used to love before the past few years?

Mine used to be watching the scores on teletext, sat there staring at a screen for ages 'howay man flick to the next page we might have scored'

:snod:

Me dad getting the Pink as well.

Remember when tellys started coming out that let you manually change the teletext page instead of having to wait for it? Mind-boggling stuff.

We used to watch the scores come in whilst in town shopping; going into Dixons around full time and getting text up on the display TVs was class. Had to find the right zappers first though.

Used to check the rumours column on BBC teletext before going to school, eventually realised it was a load of shit.

Page 338. Loved it.

Another classic was waiting for Football Focus on grandstand.

Always used to love cup final day when they got the captains of the teams to introduce the players for the TV pre game.

Used to check the rumours column on BBC teletext before going to school, eventually realised it was a load of shit.

I used to, and this is fucking pathetic, wake up at all hours of the morning (3am, 5am yeah whatever!) and check the transfer rumours page to see if it had been updated.

For anyone who doesn't remember it used to be changed for that mornings news then updated with a few more at some point.

I used to, and this is fucking pathetic, wake up at all hours of the morning (3am, 5am yeah whatever!) and check the transfer rumours page to see if it had been updated.

For anyone who doesn't remember it used to be changed for that mornings news then updated with a few more at some point.

Yes! :lol: :lol:

:snod:

One thing I always used to do after coming home from school was check page 390, Regional Sport, to keep up to date on the NUFC news.

Probably still done but scraves out the window on away journeys

Used to be crackers for a 312 on ceefax too

Foreign players being complete unknowns

Foreign teams being complete unknowns

Bukta

Pony

Probably still done but scraves out the window on away journeys

Used to be crackers for a 312 on ceefax too

Foreign players being complete unknowns

Foreign teams being complete unknowns

Bukta

Pony

Get arrested these days for hanging your scraves out of the window

I miss the Saturday afternoon results coming up on the teleprinter at the end of Grandstand, the print head laboriously tapping out every character. "H-a-m-i-l-t-o-n  A-c-a-d-e-m-i-c-a-l-s  1..."

And then Dr Who.

And trhe scores were genuinenly a surprise.  We've got it too easy these days

Listening to the scores on Radio Newcastle, late 70's/early 80's. Whenever one of the north east big three scored, they played a clip that

screamed ' IT'S A GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL '. Cue 10 seconds of tension to find out whether we had scored.