Tottenham Hotspur Vs Newcastle United- 11/02/12 @ 5:30pm (ESPN) Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

It's not in our DNA to get smashed. Yes, that sounds unbelievable but it can not be more true. We haven't been smashed all season, really. We'll put up a good fight, and hopefully come away with a point. I think they'll win 1-0 or 2-1, but one thing I'm sure of is that I'll feel satisfied with our effort - like I've been for 90% of the games this season. It's such a refreshing feeling to know that you're going to get a performance from the team every week.

We have still conceded 5 to Fulham and 4 to West Brom though so it can still happen even if we are much tighter than we used to be..

It will be

Krul

Simmo, Willo, Colo, Santo

Gabby, Danny, Perchy, Guti

Demba, Demba

Hard to tell if some other people are WUMing with their line ups and formations or if they are just play too much FM.

Guest VaVaVoom

It will be

Krul

Demba, Demba

Hard to tell if some other people are WUMing with their line ups and formations or if they are just play too much FM.

I think your right.

I would prefer Barfa in for Obertan like. Obertan would be a good idea off the bench last 20mins.

We should go there under no pressure and have a right fuckin go at them.

Guest VaVaVoom

looking at the patterns of our results at WHL, I find 2 patterns, suggesting either a win or a defeat. Certainly won't be a draw

:lol:

Strangely confident for this one.

Krul

Simpson  Willo Colo  Santon

Gosling  Perch Guthrie  Vuckic

Ba Cisse

Weird formation but we can't afford to get as overrun in midfield as we did against Villa. Having two wingers that will tuck in will make us more solid and tbh i'd trust Vuckic and Gosling to put in better crosses than Obertan and Jonas anyway

Yeah let's drop Jonas.

If we are to get anything out this we are going to have to be all hands to the pump. We can't out pass them and attacking them gung ho would be suicide. It will be the same side with Oba and Cisse coming in. 2 banks of 4 with Ba dropping back and helping out. It will be a real test of Cisse doing things on his own and picking off scraps. We need to spring them on the counter, as they will have most the ball. Our other main threat will come from set-pieces.

It's not in our DNA to get smashed. Yes, that sounds unbelievable but it can not be more true. We haven't been smashed all season, really. We'll put up a good fight, and hopefully come away with a point. I think they'll win 1-0 or 2-1, but one thing I'm sure of is that I'll feel satisfied with our effort - like I've been for 90% of the games this season. It's such a refreshing feeling to know that you're going to get a performance from the team every week.

We have still conceded 5 to Fulham and 4 to West Brom though so it can still happen even if we are much tighter than we used to be..

It was 4 to Norwich, but even so, I thought we gave it a good go in that match, as we did in the Fulham and West Brom one. I certainly think we'll give it a good go in this one as well. If we get anything from this then it's a bonus, a freebie.

I'd agree if we had Tiote and Cabaye, but without them I can really see us getting overwhelmed by the quality Spurs have in midfield.

Villa created some pretty decent chances when they did get forward, Perch did alright yesterday and Guthrie did great in patches, but neither give us a real physical presence and bite in there which we'll need as Spurs will have a lot of the ball.

I'm pessimistic about this one, but agree that it's kind of a freebie.

It will be

Krul

Demba, Demba

I think your right.

I would prefer Barfa in for Obertan like. Obertan would be a good idea off the bench last 20mins.

If Raylor is fine we should play him over Oba....

It will be

Krul

Demba, Demba

I think your right.

If Raylor is fine we should play him over Oba....

I would rather Obertan tbh, we seemed alot more of a threat when he came on, and him Cisse and Ba seemed to be playing well together, like they had an understanding.

We won there with one of our worst ever Premier League starting XIs under Roeder.

Anything is possible, should be a decent game.

i think we should learn our lesson from the liverpool game. Just go for it and show no respect rather than the cautious approach because we simple don't have the players for that but we do have most of our attacker's fit.

From Pardew....

"We can go to Tottenham and let our hair down. We will have a go and if we get beat, we get beat."

Krul

Simo Willi Colo Santon

Perch

Obi Gosling Guthrie Jonas

Shameobi