Great North Run 2012

Joey

The ballot was drawn today but the confirmation emails haven't been sent out (they do so later this week). My profile on greatrun.org seems to have changed from orange to a green (entered for this event) status so it seems as though i'm in.

Any of you other poor fools running it this year?

I'm in, for St. Oswalds again.

We spoke about this at the last meet up Joey, I'll probably beat you again to be honest. :bluestar:

That means the pressure is on you not me ;), i'm a horrendous runner, so you should, if i'm honest, I do it for the free skanky sweets and warm fosters on the way around.

I got in, get up. As harsh as it sounds, it's a pain in the arse trying to do it for a charity, in a way i'd have liked to have gone that route but this year it's for me.

:pokerface:

Mind you, one of the main benefits of doing it for a charity is that you can't back out unless you have a very good reason, or no soul. :lol:

Any running is good prep. :thup: I recommend you don't do what I did last year and just do about 3 outside runs in training - 5, 7 and 10 miles - because you will feel fucking awful for the last part. Definitely going to run a lot more to prep for this one, want to beat my time.

Well the way I see it is it's 7 months away, going to be spending the next month or 2 using running as part of generally improving my fitness. Once I'm feeling fitter, I'll think more about working specifically towards the event itself. The 10k would be a very useful barometer of where I'm at with 6-8 weeks to go.

It still feels a fucking daunting challenge but hey ho, going to tackle it bit by bit. :)