Reclaiming PPI. Anyone Done It?

Crumpy Gunt

If so, which company did you use? Where they any good and what was their 'cut'?

Last had a loan in 2000 for 6k with PPI. Will the bank (Lloyds TSB - Lloyds at the time) an /or Peugeot (Car loan) still have the financial records?

I'll need to find out if it goes back that far. Could be wasting my time.

Not sure on the 6 year thing - but whatever the cut-off its the point that the loan was repayed and not taken out thats important.

I had a loan of £7k in 2003 that I got £3k back in PPI this year, cost me a first class stamp and a piece of A4!

Did you do it yourself?

If so, which company did you use? Where they any good and what was their 'cut'?

Last had a loan in 2000 for 6k with PPI. Will the bank (Lloyds TSB - Lloyds at the time) an /or Peugeot (Car loan) still have the financial records?

I'll need to find out if it goes back that far. Could be wasting my time.

Do they still have the records? No, I think they ditch them after 5-7 years.  Will they still pay? Sometimes, they did for me for a couple of loans I had from 2001ish.

Not sure on the 6 year thing - but whatever the cut-off its the point that the loan was repayed and not taken out thats important.

I had a loan of £7k in 2003 that I got £3k back in PPI this year, cost me a first class stamp and a piece of A4!

Did you do it yourself?

Yeah, its such a simple process that I wouldn't pay someone else to do it. Fill in the questionnaire and give good reasons for the misselling. Mine was that I didn't have a job when I took the loan! Took 6 months for the money to arrive.

I only had my loan details, nothing on the ppi policy itself.

• 2 weeks later...