Tottenham 5 - 0 Newcastle United - 11/02/12 - post-bumrape discussion from p43

Dave

Well it's pretty clear that Ben Arfa isn't first choice, so I don't see how people are so suprised at Taylor getting a mention considering his only competition appears to be Gabriel Obertan.

Personally i'll be estatic to see Taylor back in the side, he's a massive improvement.

Against Wolves Obertan would be a massive improvement on himself, it's a lot easier for mediocre players to get by against mediocre teams. We will probably win against Wolves whether Obertan or Raylor play, the result will probably hinge on the strikers.

We are missing Steven Taylor far more than Ryan Taylor.

Raylor is a solid utility man who can put a shift in, in numerous positions.

He isn't even the best player we have in any of those positions, bit of a strange comment from Pardew.

Sounds like he was just trying to play the old 'we are missing player X,Y,Z' to cover his arse from the shambolic defensive display.

Radio Newcastle was sickening this morning, with one of the presenters (Alfie Joey) being a mackem, making all sorts of jokes, and quips about the 5-0 scoreline.

Strange, I thought it was Tottenham who beat us, not S*nderland, who we are still 9 points ahead of.

Its a disease over there, they just cant help lining themselves up for humiliation ahead of a Derby.

Pardew's comments are baffling at times like.

Absolutely. Can't understand any manager of a team in contention for Europe saying 'its a game we could afford to lose'. Surely you don't give your opponents that much respect. We ought to be competing, even if we've our two first choice CMs out.

His comments post-match do nothing to boost the confidence of the players that played on Saturday either.

Do we have to keep bumping this, can we not let it go to the second page and forget it ever happened :lol:

Aye. We got well and truly beaten by a fantastic team who on the night would have beaten any team in Europe. s*** happens.

I don't think the result matters that much,  it was a 1 off. So was Norwich and so was Fulham.

Do we have to keep bumping this, can we not let it go to the second page and forget it ever happened :lol:

Aye. We got well and truly beaten by a fantastic team who on the night would have beaten any team in Europe. s*** happens.

I don't think the result matters that much,  it was a 1 off. So was Norwich and so was Fulham.

Err..

Err..

Turn your sarcasm radar on.

:lol:

Are we ignoring context altogether now?