Craig Bellamy - Cleared.

Tom_NUFC

The court heard that between 0100 GMT and 0130 GMT, the footballer caught the eye of Ms Palmer, who was walking towards him in a corridor between the VIP bar and VIP lounge.

Mr Bellamy's barrister, John Charles Rees QC, asked his client whether anything was said.

Mr Bellamy replied: "She just asked me what I was looking at."

When asked what he said in reply, Mr Bellamy said: "Not you. If I was looking at anyone it would be those two girls over there - they're far prettier than you."

Apparently Bellamy said that when he said this he was being witty.

I have to say, I think that is a stunningly witty retort.

The court heard that between 0100 GMT and 0130 GMT, the footballer caught the eye of Ms Palmer, who was walking towards him in a corridor between the VIP bar and VIP lounge.

Mr Bellamy's barrister, John Charles Rees QC, asked his client whether anything was said.

Mr Bellamy replied: "She just asked me what I was looking at."

When asked what he said in reply, Mr Bellamy said: "Not you. If I was looking at anyone it would be those two girls over there - they're far prettier than you."

Apparently Bellamy said that when he said this he was being witty.

I have to say, I think that is a stunningly witty retort.

:lol:

Worthy of Churchill tbh

Worthy of Invicta, tbh...

Then he smacked her in the gob?

Again...

....it's all in an evenings entertainment for Bellers... bluelaugh.gif  I bet he'll have a little chuckle to himself when he's sitting there with his pipe and carpet slippers.

I'm willing to bet those slippers are resting on the back of a human ottoman.  Probably his gran or summick.  "Steady the ship you old cunt, me feet are slippin oof!"

Guest smoggeordie

Wales and Liverpool footballer Craig Bellamy has been cleared of assaulting two women in a Cardiff nightclub.

The Cardiff-born 27-year-old was accused of assault against Sophie Palmer, 19, and her friend Holly Smith, 20, at the No 10 club in February.

The player was cleared by district judge John Charles after a five-day trial at Cardiff Magistrates Court.

His co-defendant, Franklin Lynch, 52, of Barry, was found not guilty of common assault against Ms Palmer.

The judge told the striker: "It was inconsistent to convict you with the serious discrepancies in the prosecution case and the two charges are dismissed."

The court heard that an exchange of words took place between the footballer and Ms Palmer in a corridor between to nightclub's VIP bar and VIP lounge some time between 0100 GMT and 0130 GMT on 5 February.

The prosecution alleged Mr Bellamy held Ms Palmer by the throat and grabbed Ms Smith's arm and pushed her into a wall after an exchange of words in a corridor at the nightclub.

But the player told the court he had been slapped by Ms Palmer following the exchange.

He said he had been "shocked" by the slap and did not respond before Ms Palmer was ushered away.

Mr Bellamy's friend, Franklin Lynch, was also cleared of assault

Speaking after the case, Mr Bellamy's solicitor, Matthew de Maid, said his client had missed training and games for his club, Liverpool, and the case had also affected his preparation for Wales international matches.

The £6m player will miss Liverpool's Wednesday night match against Portsmouth.

Mr de Maid added: "He has always said the allegations were false and that's been proved correct.

"He understands that given his profession he will get a degree of hassle."

glad he is cleared to be honest, he pissed me off at anfield this season but on the whole i hope he succeeds there.

the main reason im happy he was cleared is because its just anoter daft cow trying to get some publixity imo

I'm surprised he didn't release a statement saying that he wishes he did hit her.  "I don't hit women, but if there was anybody that was asking for it...."

If Cisse was still with 'Pool, I'm sure they'd have a good laugh about it. 

He's having a great season, isn't he?

In the dock again accused of slapping a woman again after an incident in a nightclub again.

Meanwhile, grand total of two goals.

Enough punishment, will be driving him mad knowing he's flopping, which he is.

Pool fans are already unsure, and the Rafa rotation will mean he will find it difficult to get into his stride.

I'm sure he'll pick up somewhere in the season, right before a big injury which will keep him out for a few month. Its the Bellamy cycle, i doubt its going to change now.

He's having a great season, isn't he?

In the dock again accused of slapping a woman again after an incident in a nightclub again.

Meanwhile, grand total of two goals.

you thought your idol Tina Arsprilla was wonderful for scoring 2 goals in a season.

I liked the cop's testimony about Bellend ranting on that he was just jealous of his fame.

Whether he got off or not, the whole thing is a reminder of what kind of arrogant, mean-spirited little spunkbucket he is.

spoken like a true mackem  :lol:

I liked the cop's testimony about Bellend ranting on that he was just jealous of his fame.

Whether he got off or not, the whole thing is a reminder of what kind of arrogant, mean-spirited little spunkbucket he is.

spoken like a true mackem  :lol:

spoken like a true moron :lol: