How important is your job ?

madras

Given 1 is "if I didn't turn in to work tomorrow nothing would change in any way" and 5 is "if I didn't turn into work tomorrow it would cause serious disruption to many people", and 10 is "if i don't go in to work tomorrow it could cost lives"

i'm about a 6, a 7 if all my colleagues done the same thing and an 8 if prolonged.

5. but im very replaceable, in fact, im just filling in for someone

5? Fuck off, going off what you've posted on here it must be closer to 0.5. :lol:

I did think this, he probably delivers vital organs though, worryingly.

5. but im very replaceable, in fact, im just filling in for someone

5? Fuck off, going off what you've posted on here it must be closer to 0.5. :lol:

it would cause serious disruption if i wasnt there :lol:

none of the documents of a big fat trading company would be coming into the office, or going out. i send important shit to tokyo bangladesh and wherever the fuck else on a daily basis. just so happens that for 10 mins work i have an hour and a half free

My job importance changes due to the deadlines we have during a monthly cycle. This week is probably 3. The week after that, 6 with ease.

There's only actually one other person in our region with my job title, the rest (aside from those who manage us) are assistants and trainees that are being exploited tbh. They do the jobs of people who would be on much higher pay and status if we recruited them from other companies.

My job importance changes due to the deadlines we have during a monthly cycle. This week is probably 3. The week after that, 6 with ease.

There's only actually one other person in our region with my job title, the rest (aside from those who manage us) are assistants and trainees that are being exploited tbh. They do the jobs of people who would be on much higher pay and status if we recruited them from other companies.

Ha ha. Monthly cycle.

Ha ha. Monthly cycle.

:lol:

It's depressing thinking about it actually, there is absolutely no need for my company at all. If I/we weren't there it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. We are solely there to make our massive company money and save other massive companies money. No benefit to the general public at all.

Might go and have a shower using the (plugged in) toaster as soap.

Guest Stephen927

If I didn't turn in tomorrow everyone would struggle as the store is short staffed anyways, but in time a trained monkey could work my job.

Interesting scale you've used there maddy. Wonder how many people will say their job is above a 7...if they do they'll be public sector staff though, I'd guess? :azn:

My job? 1 day off could be anything from a 1 to a 7 depending on what's going on in the political/legislative/government/media cycle at the time. I don't have a job where lives are directly at stake though, thank fuck, but my absence could cause a few issues if it was prolonged beyond a fortnight.

It's depressing thinking about it actually, there is absolutely no need for my company at all. If I/we weren't there it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. We are solely there to make our massive company money and save other massive companies money. No benefit to the general public at all.

Might go and have a shower using the (plugged in) toaster as soap.

Isn't that the same for most private sector companies? :lol:

They exist to make money, nowt else.

Yeah but most at least offer something to the general public (food, drinks, clothing, houses, cars etc..) but we literally offer nothing. Our 'customer' is other large companies and if we weren't there it would make very little difference except said companies would have slightly bigger outgoings.

We don't even really create more jobs, if anything we reduce the amount of jobs needed.

Basically, I have just realised I work for the devil :lol:

Yeah but most at least offer something to the general public (food, drinks, clothing, houses, cars etc..) but we literally offer nothing. Our 'customer' is other large companies and if we weren't there it would make very little difference except said companies would have slightly bigger outgoings.

We don't even really create more jobs, if anything we reduce the amount of jobs needed.

Basically, I have just realised I work for the devil :lol:

We have known that for quite some time already, mate...