Your Number 1 Game.

Looked through and I couldn't find a thread like this.

Anyway, what's your favourite games/ game series of all time,I have several:

1) Half-Life series, just one of the classic that I absolutely loved, must have completed Half-life 2 about ten times.

2) Prince of Persia series, again just loved this as a kid, Assassins Creed is good but not as good as these.

3) Mass-Effect series, There is/was nothing like it about, the way it done and the story line are amazing, can't wait for number 3.

Battlefield 1942. Just unbelievable. There was nothing like it when it came out and I've invested more hours in that game and the mods (Desert Combat, Forgotten Hope, Eve of Destruction) than any other. Was still playing it when Battlefield 2 arrived and to this day I've yet to see anything as good as the pacific theatre maps with their massive controllable battleships.

The Dizzy series from the old Commodore days, particularly Magicland and Prince of the Yolkfolk (recently re-made as an app)

Even 20 years on with all the advances in graphics and technology I've never enjoyed a game as much as Magicland on the C64 - how sad is that :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I've played loads of games that are absolute masterpieces. Ocarina of Time, the Half Lifes, Red Dead Redemption and Resident Evil 4 all spring to mind, but I have to give it to the game that got me properly, properly into games, rather than just playing any old shite; Goldeneye.

Guest Shreddy Krueger

The game that has given me most bang for my buck has gotta be Madden Arcade. It was a couple of hundred points and I play it all the time. Anyone else love Madden Arcade?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert was probably the game I've played most. My mates and I used to have unendingly long link-up games on the playstation version whenever we had time to kill... Must've racked up thousands and thousands of hours on it over the course of a few years.

Most memorable gaming experience would have to be between FFVII, Half Life, GTA3 and MGS though, with FFVII probably just about shading it. Honourable mention for Timesplitters 2 as well.

if I was forced to choose a favourite of all the games I've played I'd say Majora's Mask' date=' what a magnificently different and fucked up game (in a good way) to the standard Zelda game [/quote']

One of the most underrated games on the N64 because it is too often overshadowed by Ocarina of Time. When I initially read the concept I thought it sounded absolutely awful but the three day time system thing works brilliantly. Amazing innovation and I've yet to see anything similar in a game done so well.

I played the shit out of:

Donkey Kong Country(s)

Mario (1, 3, World)

CM/FM

Vice City

Mass Effect

CS:S

ISS/PES

FIFA

Quake

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Amongst others but those spring to mind. Coundn't pick a single one, much like picking a favourite movie, there's just too many to choose. Funnily enough I can most definitely pick a favourite band and even song.