Sim City V (PC)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

• 3 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

The best thing to kill time ever was Sim City 3000.  Could waste 5-6 hours without noticing it.

Looks alright this.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The day you can actually walk around in your city is the day SimCity will hit actual greatness.

You know they'll tie in Sims4 or some bullshit with that.

Guest neesy111

The day you can actually walk around in your city is the day SimCity will hit actual greatness.

Didn't Sim City 4 do that to some degree?

Didn't Sim City 4 do that to some degree?

I think it was a rendering of some design if I remember correctly, or something like a helicopter?  I'm not 100% sure.

I want to be able to click a button and just walk down the streets and interact with stuff/people/cars.  Like a GTA that you build yourself almost (it doesn't even need that indepth of interaction though).

Loved the originals but with every iteration it loses part of it's soul, just like settlers.

This is a really good comment. I loved the first Settlers, used to play it on my own or with a friend loads. The following versions just didn't have the same appeal. I've been mulling over whether to buy the latest one for ages but it never budges from that £30 price tag on Steam. Just worried if I buy it that it's shit. Need to hunt down a demo really.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Settlers 7? No more than £10 tbh. Its decent, I guess, but it just seems like a very highly polished 'browser' game (if that makes sense).

EA's forthcoming new SimCity title will require gamers to maintain a persistent internet connection while playing, developer Maxis has revealed.

Lead designer Stone Librande told Joystiq that the game's emphasis on multiplayer, regional impact and use of a player-influenced global economy means that it can only really work if everyone is online.

An EA rep also confirmed that although you'll be able to buy the game from a number of different vendors, you will have to play it through EA's Origin platform.

The follow-up to 2003's SimCity 4 was officially unveiled at GDC earlier this month ahead of its planned 2013 PC launch, though precious little detail was offered on exactly what we can expect from the title.

:yao: Goodbye sale.

Their move is stupid, but it's humorous how the geeks of the internets think it's some form of noble stand against the tyrannical games publishers.... because they want you to be online.

:lol: True, if I can't get online, I'm too busy having a panic attack int he corner of the room to think about playing Sim City...

• 3 weeks later...