Our most likeable players

Interpolic
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Managed to have a conversation about football with me lass the other day that extended beyond "EEEH, how do they decide the design of the corner flags?" and that sort of shit.  Who are our most likeable players in your view?  My first answer was the Argentinian lads and she said her favourite was Jonas as well, because he looks like a fucking tramp, just like me.  Pretty sure those 2 will score quite highly, along with the likes of Ba, Krul and Tiote, but we'll see.

(Soz if I've missed any players out you pedantic twats).

Went with the obvious of Colo for his profesionalism, attitude, seems like a fantastic guy that no one has a bad word to say about. Say what you want about Jonas' ability, you can't help but love the bloke, so damn smiley! And Tiote, such a beast on the pitch, yet seems so calm and timid off it, and again just seems like a happy guy that doesn't have a cunt streak in him.

Special mentions to Ba and Raylor.

Not taking footballing ability into account, I went for Krul and Sammy as they seem to be two of the nicest lads. Also went for Saylor because he's clearly a mental bastard who loves playing for Newcastle.

Went for the Argentinians and Ba me, although I do get the impression that Ba will break my heart like a pure cunt at some point

Exactly this.

Same, just like Jose and Beye did to me  :weep:

I went for Sammy, Jonas and Krul.

Although I suppose footballing ability probably should have been taken into account because it does play a substantial part in how well liked they are. In which case I'd have gone for Krul, Colo and Ba.

Actually no, it's impossible not to like Sammy so he'd have to be in the top 3. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yohan Cabaye is very likeable, no? I went him, Barfa and Ba.

He can be a bit of a nasty cunt, has a bit of bite about him. Being likeable probably extends to how well opposition fans see them, can't imagine many Brighton or Liverpool fans classing him as likeabe.

went for Colo and the Ameobi brothers. I know most people don't like Shola, but i love him. he may be a distinctly average footballer, but he's been here so long and he seems to really love the place and be dedicated to the club imo, part of the furniture really and sums up Newcastle really, mostly frustrating with the odd good moment. + Sammy amongst others have mentioned how hes such a good role model as a professional.

If I had a couple more votes I'd probably go for Tiote and Ryan Taylor (purely for Twitter activity and goal versus the mackems, which he seems rightfully very happy with, even though I don't rate him very highly at all as a first team player).  Sammy Ameobi's a bit of a wild card that I'd maybe consider once he's done more on the pitch for us.

Do like Krul, Santon, Cabaye and Ben Arfa as well though.  Cisse will probably be my hero soon enough n'all.

Went for the Argentinian lads and Krul. The reasons being, both Colo and Jonas have been key players for us these past few seasons or so and they've also maintained a high level of professionalism on and off the pitch for me (Jonas always seems to have a smile on his face too, you really can't hate him!).

Seeing Krul develop has been great like. From the young lad we first signed (one who took the Metro home after training almost every week) to the lad we're seeing now, there's something simply brilliant about that. His attitude is really spot on. He's a Geordie really.

I went Ba, Colo and Cabaye but tbh I could've picked about 10 of them, they're such a likeable bunch of players. Unlike several years ago, I'm proud to have these lot at our club.

It's a good point like, I remember when I used to dislike a lot of our players and would admit as much to fans of other clubs.

Krul, Ba & sameobi.

Colo, Jonas, Raylor & Saylor deserve a mention.

Tbf one of the most likeable teams we've had in ages, in the apathy years coming up to our relegation I really felt nothing for the players on the pitch, and they didn't care one bit about the fans they played for. Polar opposites of todays squad. We have one or two bad apples that need chucking out, but it's nearly there.

Edit: jus seen kets & polics posts  :thup: :thup: