Blood Clots.

BlufPurdi

What da blood clot, Jah?  (terrible, I know)

To add something to the other blood clot, I had to have my back drained of blood from a

hard crash snowboarding.  I fell so hard on my back (from quite the height as well) it compressed

about a quart of blood into a lump that stuck out from my lower back 3 inches and about 10 round. 

It didn't hurt, but it looked like an alien was about to burst through my skin.  Quite disgusting to say

the least.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I heard that you just jump up and down until you dislodge it and it travels to the brain, where it just disolves away harmlessly

Guest Invicta_Toon

Alternatively, punching Invicta repeatedly in the head produces the same result, and there are more benefits.

you could try Dave's method

furiously bashing his keyboard in a demented rage, cures most his ills

Thrombolysis is used in an acute (emergency) setting to get rid of clots in the coronary arteries, or sometimes the cerebral (head). If you have a clot then it depends which level in the veins you are talking about.

An SVT is a superficial venous thrombosis and occurs in the veins near the skin. The recommended treatment is an extended period of warfarin or heparin.

If you have a DVT , a Deep venous thromboembolism then you need treatment with a Low Molecular Weight Heparin and to reduce your intake of alcohol and smoking if you do either.

The dose of any treatment should be body weight adjusted and take account of renal impairment. If your creatinine clearance is less thean 50ml per min then take care.

No googling required  bluecool.gif

I drink and occassionally smoke?

Have you been diagnosed with a DVT?

In young people they are ok but in older people they can lead to what is called Pulmonary embolisms (PE). These are clots that make their way through the heart and into the lungs where they can kill you. It is very difficult to detect or treat but is often the explanation of death on autopsies in certain older patients.

Having one now means that is not going to happen but it does mean that your risk of getting another one (DVT) when you are older is greater which in turn means the risk of PE when you are older is greater.

Nah, not yet at least.

A firm red patch appeared on me left leg yesterday, just above my ankle.  Since then it's transformed into a big swollen red lump.  The mother being a nurse told me to go to the hospital, she was convinced it was a DVT.  So I phoned NHS 24 and they told me to go too.  I'll limp along when I wake up and I can be arsed...