How happy are you with our current management?

Hanshithispantz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've realised there's a lot of extreme views posted (or misinterpreted) lately, so this is just a daft poll to try and gauge the general opinion on this board. Rate the following Categories using the poll above (1 vote for Mike, 1 vote for Alan).

Mike Ashley

Alan Pardew

(Posters allowed to change vote, and also hopefully this can dispel a few opinions of "this place is to...")

Mike Ashley: Dissapointed, but let's give him a bit more time

Seemingly, w're financially sound which is a lot better than other clubs but his ignorance towards the fans and history of the club has et him down.

Alan Pardew: Happy, keep doing what you're doing

Done as good as anyone could have with this squad. Needs to be more open-minded and attacking now that we're safe.

O0

This is mainly down to the fact we could do a lot worse which is very evident with a few clubs recently.

Don't agree with everything he does but he is doing a good job and again we could do a hell of a lot worse. Gets far too much stick from some.

FWIW

Admitedly the stadium renaming will have a lot to do with this, he's made huge strides since our relegation season but has still proved to be a vindictive cunt when he wants to be.

Alan Pardew: Neither here nor there, will need more time to gauge an opinion

I genuinely cannot place him, and his 'salesman patter' may have something to do with it, I don't know. One week I think he has a plan, the next I think he's taking the piss. Ben Arfa aside he's made a few questionable decisions, and our perfomances imo havn't been as encouraging as i'd like on a regular basis. HOWEVER we are better than the majority of the league, and Pardew has to take credit for that.

Currently here nor there for both. I have severe reservations about Mike Ashley's future plans/level of ambition and about Pardew's tactical nous and ability to handle flair players, but our current results both on and off the pitch are fairly promising. Need to see if we can maintain this level and even build on it in the next few seasons before I will feel confident about both the ownership and the first team management.

Pardew has only been here just over a year, so needs more time. He seems fairly cautious and pragmatic as a manager, so I'm unsure at this point whether he can take us to the next level. I'm hopeful though.

Ashley is running the club the right way as far as I'm concerned. There's a long-term strategy in place for once. He's got the mistakes out of his system and personally I'm not bothered about the change in the official name of the stadium.

Pardew has only been here just over a year, so needs more time. He seems fairly cautious and pragmatic as a manager, so I'm unsure at this point whether he can take us to the next level. I'm hopeful though.

Ashley is running the club the right way as far as I'm concerned. There's a long-term strategy in place for once. He's got the mistakes out of his system and personally I'm not bothered about the change in the official name of the stadium.

:jesuswept:

Went for the middle option on both. I'm so Switzerland :hmm:

I want to see some decent investment from Ashley this Summer and for him to not sell our best players if we qualify for Europe in some capacity. If that happens I'll be quite content with him.

Regarding Pardew; he needs to improve the style of play and stop this gradual movement towards being an almost exclusively long ball team. Results have been great this season and we couldn't hope for much better, but the performances have been average-poor for the most part, and that needs to improve if we are to kick on next season. If poor performances continue and the results slip next season and we finish 10th-12th I wouldn't really be pleased to see him stay on.

If I have a son, they'll be called Alan-Mike.

Seriously though, what a f***ing ridiculous thread.

I hope your son suffers from serious confidence issues.

Wont do if he takes after either of his namesakes.

I don't think there's much to talk about here tbh. Pardew's doing a cracking job, we're exceeding expectations in terms of league position. The football could be better and of course there's room for improvement, both in decision making and his choice of words.

Ashley has made mistake after mistake (almost to the point it's as if he's deliberately looking to incite hatred), but finally something seems to have clicked. Whether he has a long term plan for growth or simply wants a financially sound football club remains to be seen. Just wish he'd bring in someone with a bit more class than Llambias and reverse his disgusting advertising plans for St James'.

Mike Ashley: Get Rid, get rid now (Though, I probably should've gone one up from here, as I'd be rather picky over new owners)

do you think pardew could keep on doing what he's doing without what ashley put in place ?

Guest BooBoo

Unnecessary thread. Simply repeating what has been aired numerous times in other numerous threads.

Lock please.

Despite my earlier non-contribution, I'd still like to weigh in with a ':yao:' at the artificial distinction between Pardew and Ashley. Same regime, same hymn sheet, different PR jobs.