Chelsea sack Villas Boas

Guest elbee909

Oh and by the way, stupid decision but one we come to expect from Chelsea, much like we do with Ashley! That said, disliked the guy ever since his hyperbole against us out at the beginning of the season, so glad all the talk amounted to nothing.

He's been a terrible manager, regardless of whatever "transition" they are going through. He has to have spent about 60 million pounds since he arrived after inheriting a team that competed for the title last year, and the man has produced nothing but regression.

Who has he bought, anyway? Juan Mata and?

Cahill, Kevin de Bruyne...

In fairness these are mostly players "for the future".

He deserved it. Agree, though, they're dicks for sacking Ancelotti.

Why?

He spent 20 million on David Luiz and 50 mill on Torres.

Aye, righto. I spent £70m on them too.

Yeah but you didn't though.

Neither did he. What he did was win the double in his first season and finish 2nd next time round. If that's worthy of a sacking, sack them all.

Why?

Neither did he. What he did was win the double in his first season and finish 2nd next time round. If that's worthy of a sacking, sack them all.

Think sacking Ancelotti didn't have anything to do with him, more with the availability of AVB - which they thought would be their next Mourinho.

Why?

Think sacking Ancelotti didn't have anything to do with him, more with the availability of AVB - which they thought would be their next Mourinho.

Which is about as brainless at it gets. Sack a 5-time European Cup winner for a 33 year old from Portugal.

I don't know if there's any benefit to getting rid of AVB now over just waiting till the end of the season? Do they think Di Matteo will revitalise their Champions League hunt?

He'd obviously lost the dressing room, at least Di Matteo will have a fresh slate coming into that. And since the players know he's not there for the long haul they'll drop the player power politics.

Why?

Actually you're correct. It was 22 mill for shite Colo. 72 million quid totals. And although I know Ancelotti wasn't sacked for this...with hindsight as a guide, he deserved to be.

Why?

Which is about as brainless at it gets. Sack a 5-time European Cup winner for a 33 year old from Portugal.

Agree. Never agreed with the AVB hype in general.

Always thought he was just a young coach from Portugal, who tried to copy Mourinho - which is probably the truth.

Why?

Actually you're correct. It was 22 mill for s**** Colo. 72 million quid totals. And although I know Ancelotti wasn't sacked for this...with hindsight as a guide, he deserved to be.

He deserved to be sacked because Chelsea signed Torres? Get back to your booze, bud.

chelsea need to transition and turn over their squad the same way that fergie has done so many times, or even wenger albeit less successfully. makes it more and more difficult if you chop and change managers.

chelsea's spine peaked a few years ago, players like terry, lampard, malouda, essien, cole, cech, drogba are each on significant declines. the problems stemming from this are far bigger than AVB. abramovich tried to inject some energy into the side with Torres and Luiz, unfortunately those are two of the biggest transfer disasters the premiership has ever seen. Again, not AVB's fault. had that money been spent on say, RVP or Aguero with Thiago Silva instead of Luiz, they'd be a far better team. oh well.

he could've done better as some of his tactics were odd and didn't work in this league with the players at his disposal. that's the inexperience of youth and adjusting to a new league that's done him in.

if he'd relied on the old guard chelsea would no doubt be higher up the table but that would be sacrificing the long term for short term comfort. as it is the much needed transition of the squad will be pushed even further back, which is excellent news for us.

Do Chelsea's managers actually get a big say in who they sign?

I don't even think they get to ask for a player in a certain position. We need a RB, ok, here's £50m Torres.