“What mood are you in?”

Beren

3 minutes ago, Beren said:

Congrats C!

(Feel sorry for whoever is doing the photography mind ;))

:lol: the bairn is better than me these days but no photography required this time so nee pressure on anybody :)

Cheers all :)

1 hour ago, OpenC said:

Canny. Getting married in a couple of weeks, never thought I would again but I'm properly excited about it :aww:

Massive congrats, all the best pal!

Feel a bit shitty. An annoyance of a headache this morning, worked way more than I had planned to this week (which is a bad portent for the remainder of 2022) and starting my 5-year old boy on mood-altering medication.

Buried the lead a bit there.

12 minutes ago, Beren said:

Feel a bit shitty. An annoyance of a headache this morning, worked way more than I had planned to this week (which is a bad portent for the remainder of 2022) and starting my 5-year old boy on mood-altering medication.

Buried the lead a bit there.

What's it for?  ASD?

My eldest is in the same boat.  We thought about getting medication for him but a) it's a fucking nightmare to get anything regarding mental health done here and b) just somehow didn't feel right to me, I couldn't bring myself to do it.  Almost felt like I'd be changing who he is.

What's the medication?  Have the doctors told you what kind of effect you can expect?

Yeah we had a lot of back and forth on whether to give it to him or not. He is a really happy boy and I was dead against it along similar lines to what you've said. He's also making big strides forward at school. He's ostensibly well liked and kids are fond of him, but he's partly non-verbal, tends not to speak in full sentences and stuff. He's blissfully oblivious to social etiquette, he's a 5 year old Larry David.

The side effects include potential loss of appetite, sleep issues and something called the rebound (which sounds like the opposite of a comedown).

Weighted against all that is that I am concerned that kids become pretty cruel soon, I want to anything I can do mitigate him being bullied, I want him to have the tools he needs to be social and make friends, and not have self-worth issues. We're lucky we have access to private healthcare otherwise I don't think the NHS would get round to him for another 18 months.

I don't think there is a known right or wrong answer, but we can always take him off it. In fact, I'm sure I'll massively overreact and emphatically boot his medication off the side of a bridge if he misses so much as one meal :lol:

5 minutes ago, Beren said:

Yeah we had a lot of back and forth on whether to give it to him or not. He is a really happy boy and I was dead against it along similar lines to what you've said. He's also making big strides forward at school. He's ostensibly well liked and kids are fond of him, but he's partly non-verbal, tends not to speak in full sentences and stuff. He's blissfully oblivious to social etiquette, he's a 5 year old Larry David.

The side effects include potential loss of appetite, sleep issues and something called the rebound (which sounds like the opposite of a comedown).

Weighted against all that is that I am concerned that kids become pretty cruel soon, I want to anything I can do mitigate him being bullied, I want him to have the tools he needs to be social and make friends, and not have self-worth issues. We're lucky we have access to private healthcare otherwise I don't think the NHS would get round to him for another 18 months.

I don't think there is a known right or wrong answer, but we can always take him off it. In fact, I'm sure I'll massively overreact and emphatically boot his medication off the side of a bridge if he misses so much as one meal :lol:

Hope everything goes well for your boy man :thup:

Aye same for Loki’s boy, my oldest (9) since Lockdown has developed little ticks and twitches, we have noticed he does it when he’s on his own or by himself, if he’s occupied with something he doesn’t do it, but he seems to have lost lots of confidence and is withdrawn a lot, my sis and others think maybe he has autism or something and I’m like fuck right off, and want to tell them to do one because as a parent you always wanna think your kid is fine, but it’s worrying and with kids anyway, as a parent you worry all the time. Thankfully he’s a happy go lucky, confident kid, not the most social though, and he’s top of his year academically in almost everything. I blame myself as I don’t spend a lot of dad and just him time with him, where as I do with my other son via his footy. His school is doing drama and dance classes after school and he’s keen so I’m hoping it’s something we can both get into and I can spend that quality just me with him time. Being a parent is fucking great, but fucking hard like!

My wife recently gave birth to the our fourth child, I swear this process does not get easier with each new birth, despite what people might have told you. We have been through this thrice and it was a struggle each time The woman is wounded, I am tired, but the boy seems to be healthy and thriving, so all is well.:smitten:

Honestly, I am very happy have put the male-female ratio back at 1:1 as well :lol:

Edited by Segun Oluwaniyi

Lass I was ( :yao:) madly in love with is seeing  new guy and he's exactly like me. Name and all. Should this be as gutting as it is? I've screamed into multiple towels today. :lol: Fuck me.

Ah sorry to hear Mike. I would suggest you try and not think about it as much as possible mind :lol: People recommend moving forward for a reason and I imagine screaming in to towels after thinking about it is one of those reasons. Just going to hurt. I'd move to rid it from my mind whenever possible personally. Maybe thats actually not healthy, though. Who knows. People who talk about a "healing process" are talking shite imo though.