“What mood are you in?”

Beren

On 03/12/2022 at 11:51, OpenC said:

I have a big family and as ever a lot of the members don't get on with other members. My mam and dad told me a couple of weeks ago they've signed up for this scheme where when the death is confirmed the bodies are taken and cremated in private and the ashes returned to next of kin inside 24 hours, so no funeral.

Felt weird to start with but I can totally see the point of it now. My dad has done me and my brother a playlist we have to listen to while we're eating the meal which is in lieu of a funeral. We'll be skipping a canny bit of it like, I reckon :shifty:my mam is more chilled out and doesn't care what we do.

Sorry for your losses bluf; a lot of people feel the same way when they have to watch a parent decline and there's nothing weird about feeling a bit of relief with the sadness.

My grandmother died this week and she's getting something similar. It wasn't within 24 hours, but the ashes are returned without ceremony and there'll be no big formal funeral, just a small gathering when the ashes are scattered.

Definitely a sense of relief with her too - though maybe a bit different to others. As her health declined she was suffering more and that was also sharpening her own...harsh... personality traits come out more. It seemed like by a certain point her living on wasn't bringing either her or those around her any joy.

On 03/12/2022 at 12:36, BlufPurdi said:

Hey dudes, been a bit. Hell of a couple of weeks. Had to put down my wee dug, 14, had a twisted belly, inoperable at least within our budget which was pretty miserable. Only topped off by mum dying the following Saturday. :lol: 

Why are funerals so damn fucking expensive. Legit bare min' and it's 3K to burn it to ashes anyway. 

Ah man, I’m really sorry to hear this Bluf. My condolences for your losses.

15 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

My grandmother died this week and she's getting something similar. It wasn't within 24 hours, but the ashes are returned without ceremony and there'll be no big formal funeral, just a small gathering when the ashes are scattered.

Definitely a sense of relief with her too - though maybe a bit different to others. As her health declined she was suffering more and that was also sharpening her own...harsh... personality traits come out more. It seemed like by a certain point her living on wasn't bringing either her or those around her any joy.

Sorry for your loss as well, man. 

On 04/12/2022 at 20:18, Inferior Acuña said:

Sorry for your loss mate.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Outside a meeting with my estate lawyer. Made me come to queens so it must be important.  No idea if I'm gonna leave here furious or relieved. Hate the uncertainty. Been on edge all day.

Family inheritance that's turned into an entire thing. Had to get a lawyer because my family are cunts. So now everyone speaks through our attourneys. Usually we just catch up on the phone but he was like "Come to the office" so I'm out here in the waiting room shaking like a leaf.

34 minutes ago, Mike said:

Family inheritance that's turned into an entire thing. Had to get a lawyer because my family are cunts. So now everyone speaks through our attourneys. Usually we just catch up on the phone but he was like "Come to the office" so I'm out here in the waiting room shaking like a leaf.

:lol: That’s weird. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

"So Mike we come to you. You have been left 25million dollars providing you give up the Geordie accent"

"Fuck off man ye radge bastad man"

Elated. Turns out my partner is 5 weeks pregnant - don’t quite know what to do with the information, who to tell or how excited to get or practically what to do. We have a child from her marriage so being a dad is not boxfresh but babies and pregnancy are. Surreal.

Fed up. Had lots of stressful things going on lately which have me and the wife basically at the end  of our tethers. This has now been topped off with getting burgled early hours of Friday morning by 3 scumbags. Upset and raging at the same time.