If you got fired tomorrow..

Willow

Hypothetical question

If you got fired tomorrow, how many months could you live off your savings for without working?

Me, I'd last about 2 hours  :'(

:lol: Same.  Living in London is not cheap, impossible to save at the minute.

My own savings - a week or two. Don't usually have any savings but I'm  going to London in May so putting some aside for that. Then I' d have to beg my mam to let me dip into my uni/house purchase fund, which she'd refuse.

Don't have a penny saved. Have enough to get through every month with a bit spare for treats. We can save if required to, like to pay for a holiday or whatever. I'd last about three weeks I reckon.

I just took four months off so that ate through most of it.  Employed again since the beginning of Feb, could probably do another 3?

Pun?

I was faced with two difficult choices every day:

1) get out of sweatpants?

2) papa johns or dominos?

I just took four months off so that ate through most of it.  Employed again since the beginning of Feb, could probably do another 3?

Pun?

I was faced with two difficult choices every day:

1) get out of sweatpants?

2) papa johns or dominos?

Difficult choices? Papa Johns or Dominos? FFS, Papa Johns every day of the week. :yao:

I've managed a year.  Surprising how much the fear outweighs the reality.

I think for a lot of people that fear will keep them in horrible, horrible situations job wise and have them put up with shit they almost never would otherwise.  :(  But man it is fucking liberating seeing that look on a bosses face when they know they can no longer hold the threat of a job over your head. 

Completely different to anyone laid off mind.  That has to be a horrible feeling :( 

Don't have a penny saved. Have enough to get through every month with a bit spare for treats. We can save if required to, like to pay for a holiday or whatever. I'd last about three weeks I reckon.

Same for me.

if i got sacked due to company savings etc, the pay off would keep me going for a bit, 24yrs in there now.

if i got sacked cos i twatted one of the pointless gits of middle managers we have, i'd have to borrow the money to buy a pack of starburst for my walk home.

Guest Sophie S

I would be f***ed, yet spiritually free.

:snod: To the second half of the sentence. Just the thread title got me dreaming for a bit, before I realised it was all about money.  :sad: