NUFC finances for 2010/11 announced

Dave

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9124262/Newcastle-United-revival-reaches-boardroom-as-club-prepare-to-announce-return-to-profit.html

Newcastle United revival reaches boardroom as club prepare to announce return to profit

Newcastle United’s success this season has not been confined to their activity on the pitch as the club prepare to release healthy financial figures which will strengthen their claim to be considered among the Premier League’s elite group.

By Luke Edwards

11:59PM GMT 05 Mar 2012

As the dust settles on a fractious derby draw with Sunderland, Newcastle will reflect on the five-point gap they have opened up over seventh-placed Liverpool, as well as the 10-point advantage they hold over their neighbours.

But, with Uefa Financial Fair Play regulations to punish clubs who spend beyond their means, Newcastle’s economic vitality is just as important as the improvements manager Alan Pardew has fashioned.

With only 11 games left, Newcastle are confident they are good enough to qualify for the Europa League and there will be more good news from the boardroom later this week.

Managing director Derek Llambias has overseen a remarkable shift in the health of the club’s accounts and Newcastle are likely to have bucked the Premier League trend and will not record a loss for the first time since Mike Ashley bought the club in the summer of 2007.

The club have also announced a nine-year season ticket price freeze for fans who renew this summer.

Those figures will not include player trading, although Telegraph Sport understands there is still some money left from the sale of Andy Caroll to Liverpool for £35million last year, despite the £10million signing of Papiss Demba Cissé in January.

Despite his unpopularity, inflamed again this season by the decision to rename St James’ Park the Sports Direct Arena, Ashley has dramatically improved the club as a business.

Might as well start a new thread considering it appears the accounts will be out this week and I'm sure they will be dissected once again.

Interesting stuff. :)

He's clearly steadied the ship financially, tied down the spine of the team for the next 3 or 4 years and the remaining deadwood is on the way out. Don't like some of the (idiotic) things he's done but I think we're pointing in the right direction.

Telegraph Sport understands there is still some money left from the sale of Andy Caroll to Liverpool for £35million last year, despite the £10million signing of Papiss Demba Cissé in January.

That's some Mensa-level maths from the Telegraph there, there's no fooling them is there?

Telegraph Sport understands there is still some money left from the sale of Andy Caroll to Liverpool for £35million last year, despite the £10million signing of Papiss Demba Cissé in January.

That's some Mensa-level maths from the Telegraph there, there's no fooling them is there?

:lol:

Tbf I have been fully expecting that money to go towards reducing the club's debt to Ashley which still stood at £150m on the previous accounts.

Tbf I have been fully expecting that money to go towards reducing the club's debt to Ashley which still stands at £150m.

if it did, which wouldn't surprise me i doubt it would be so straightforward.

Tbf I have been fully expecting that money to go towards reducing the club's debt to Ashley which still stands at £150m.

Why?

Why?

just think it he would more hidden, deeper in the accounts than me or you would realise. hence why i'd like quayside or LLLO to make a re appearance.

Would also appreciate LLLO's return to give the numbers the once over for laymen like me. :)

I doubt that'll happen, he's still ill.

Saw him the other week actually and he looked canny. I'll text him. The bastard could give them the once over and report back. :lol:

Ashley's infrastructure behind the first team and the economy behind it has simply been a breath of fresh air, first class. If only someone could get him to understand the value of spending big on the most important position in the club ;)

Why?

just think it he would more hidden, deeper in the accounts than me or you would realise. hence why i'd like quayside or LLLO to make a re appearance.

The debt is reported in the accounts, if it drops at all then it's pretty obvious how.

Saw him the other week actually and he looked canny. I'll text him. The b****** could give them the once over and report back. :lol:

He's getting better, slowly.

Aye, I know. He'll be fine. :)

Good news really.

Financially, Ashley and Llambias have got us into a nice, healthy position so all credit to them on that front. Of course though, some of the things they've done have been inexcusable (stadium name change, plastering of SD signs/logos almost everywhere, unprofessionalism etc.). Having said that, it looks like actual progress is being made so the future is looking rather bright (just don't be doing anything stupid, Mike!).

Are you actually getting paid for all the SD advertising?

And congratulations for being in the black, which is far more than most clubs out there.

We haven't been paid anything so far, obviously the new accounts could have something in them.

It's a shame that Ashley is a twat with a self-destructive streak because the financial stability, transfer policy and plans for the youth team are something I've dreamed of us having for many years.