Newcastle United vs Norwich - 18/3/12 @4pm (Live on Sky) - Pre-match thread

Stifler

Probably our biggest game of the season so far this. We're on a bad run and we desperately need points on the board to secure our place in the top 7, if we can't get it at home to Norwich then we're hopeless.

Yeah, this is must-win. I will very rarely say that - but the fans are due a good footballing win. We've got by far the better players, we're at home, almost a fully-fit squad... there's no excuses left.

It actually should be a good game. No excuses for you not to go and get on the front foot, and Norwich themselves play some decent stuff. Can definitely see goals.

Hopefully the lads go into this with revenge on their minds after their trip down there earlier in the season. If the need for three points and the thirst for revenge doesn't get a performance out of the team then nothing will.

Guest neesy111

Norwich are on a shit run as well btw, before anyone claims it's too much to expect a win.

Out of the last 10 games Wolves have played, we were the only one's to make them look a decent team.  So we could easily do the same on Sunday at this rate.

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon

Ben Arfa Cabaye Tiote Gutierrez

Ba

Cisse

If Santon and/or Tiote don't make it, drop in Taylor and/or Guthrie respectively.

I want to see us playing the system from the first half today, only with Ba playing the deeper role instead of Obertan. I realise Cisse isn't a traditional centre-forward, but we really need to start working on a plan that is more than simply chucking them both up top and expecting it to work.

Btw:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/03/12/alan-pardew-is-prepared-to-chase-gunners-61634-30510308/2/

Pardew said. “It’s an important game in terms of the Champions League because if we win we are going to be given a shout.

“We haven’t really said about the Champions League but it’ll actually bury it – and that might not be a bad thing – if we lose or draw.

“If we win, we’ll get a lot more attention about it. If we lose, really it’s over then we can focus on ten games and the Europa League.”

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon

Ben Arfa Cabaye Tiote Gutierrez

Ba

Cisse

If Santon and/or Tiote don't make it, drop in Taylor and/or Guthrie respectively.

I want to see us playing the system from the first half today, only with Ba playing the deeper role instead of Obertan. I realise Cisse isn't a traditional centre-forward, but we really need to start working on a plan that is more than simply chucking them both up top and expecting it to work.

Yeah, it really does look like Pardew is hoping they just "click" and it all comes off. No. Get a gameplan. Ba dropping deep seems to be the way to go, he seems to come quite deep on most occasions anyway.

Goes without saying, Hatem on the right. As for the rest, well I'd be tempted to drop Cabaye for Guthrie. As much as I love Cabaye, he's simply not been up to it lately and Guthrie has looked the better player for me. Santon should still start for me, particularly at home. I'd like to see him have a shot when he cuts in, can't do any worse than some of Tiote's efforts :lol:

Desperate for a win here, some good football would be pleasant aswell.

Type of game that makes me wish Marveaux was fit and we had 5 players of the final 6 who'd just attack them.

Marveaux's actually been a big miss for me all season. Crafty little player, left footed, good even play with Cabaye and Tiote in a middle three IMO.