Ryan Gosling season at Tyneside Cinema

Guest firetotheworks

Guest firetotheworks

If anyone is interested, there is going to be a season of Ryan Gosling films on in the bar at Tyneside Cinema over the next month. My lass was in charge of organising it, so I've been ordered to spread the word.

If anyone doesn't know who Ryan Gosling is (which I doubt tbh), he's probably the most sought after actor at the moment after starring in Blue Valentine (not being shown because it's proper depressing) and the insanely good Drive.

Films start at 9:15pm  and it's £3.50 entry, but your ticket is redeemable on your first full bar order.

The listings are as follows:

The Notebook (12A) - Thursday 22 March

Half Nelson (15) - Thursday 29 March

Lars and the Real Girl(12A) - Thursday 5 April

Crazy, Stupid, Love (12A) - Thursday 12 April

Drive (18) - Thursday 26 April

Drinks

Cocktails - £3.75 ('Old-fashioned'  'The Driver' 'Half Nelson')

Bottle of House Wine - £9.00

Any bottle J20 - £1.50

Capacity is limited so you might want to book ahead.

The Tyneside Bar

Tyneside Cinema

10 Pilgrim Street

Newcastle upon - Tyne

NE1 6QG

Box Office - 0845 217 9909

tynesidecinema.co.uk/whats-on/film-night-in-the-tyneside-bar  

Class actor but apart from Drive those films are shite.

A not so well known film he was in called "The Believer" is worth a watch.

:pilko: Really enjoyed Crazeh Stewpid Love tbh, and the rest have pretty decent imdb ratings...

Not seen them all but they are lasses films apart from Half Nelson which is just dull.

:pilko: Really enjoyed Crazeh Stewpid Love tbh, and the rest have pretty decent imdb ratings...

Not seen them all but they are lasses films apart from Half Nelson which is just dull.

:pilko:

Half Nelson has the lowest imdb rating out of the lot iirc.

Guest firetotheworks

Not a chance is Drive a lasses film like. Tbf, he's not in many brutal films, but I'd say apart from The Notebook, which I still think is good, those films are pretty unisex imo.

Gosling is the coolest man on the planet tbh. Id only turn for him or wor Yohan.

:thup:

From this thread, it's clear that odog will be going on a few people's ignore list.

Gosling is the coolest man on the planet tbh. Id only turn for him or wor Yohan.

:thup:

From this thread, it's clear that odog will be going on a few people's ignore list.

Why???

I like Ryan Gosling, just don't rate all of those films.

Not a chance is Drive a lasses film like. Tbf, he's not in many brutal films, but I'd say apart from The Notebook, which I still think is good, those films are pretty unisex imo.

Never said it was. It's a class film, one of the best I've seen this year.

Guest firetotheworks

Class actor but apart from Drive those films are s****.

???

Guest firetotheworks

I'd really like to see Drive especially at that price but what's it like watching stuff in the bar there? What are the seating arrangements for example?

It's the seats that are already in there really, plus a few more. It's a lot more social than being in the cinema, but you don't get distracted really. It's worth getting there early if you want a good view of it.

Drive is unreal. Took me a second watch to 'get' it mind. Now I watch it at least once a week :lol: The soundtrack is outstanding as well.

Absolutely - great film and the soundtrack is immense.

Big fan of Crazy, Stupid, Love too - immediately went out and bought a smaller suit.