Fabrice Muamba retires from professional football

MW

Guest Shaun

I disagree, Racist abuse is Racist abuse whether it is said to the persons face or on Twitter and as such the person should be dealt with by the law.

I see racist abuse on Youtube everyday. Nothing is done about it.

If you start arresting people for saying something that could be seen as offensive, you would have to arrest the whole country.

SSNs relentless coverage is getting a bit much. Just tell the viewers if anything changes ffs.

Noticed last night they were essentially camped outside the hospital. Thought it was prety distasteful just standing there repeating the same news hour after hour.

Guest BooBoo

It's ludicrous. Very sad situation but trotting every Tom Dick and Harry out for interviews and hospital vigils is just tacky.

Off topic, but someone should send that list to the idiots who campaign to ban boxing.

not before they compile a list of people who've had similar problems across boxing to the same level of detail for comparison  i'd have thought , otherwise what would be the point?

Because it shows that professional athletes are capable of getting seriously hurt whilst playing competitive sports, regardless of the actual intent.

Off topic, but someone should send that list to the idiots who campaign to ban boxing.

not before they compile a list of people who've had similar problems across boxing to the same level of detail for comparison  i'd have thought , otherwise what would be the point?

Because it shows that professional athletes are capable of getting seriously hurt whilst playing competitive sports, regardless of the actual intent.

Are there people who wants to ban pro boxing in the UK?

We have a ban here in Norway, its beyond stupid!

North Korea, Cuba & Norway, does UK really want to join the club :lol:

Don't forget Sweden!

Don't forget Sweden!

What? I was sure it was allowed in Sweden?!

You are hosting a UFC event next month, is MMA okay but not pro boxing? :lol:

Don't forget Sweden!

What? I was sure it was allowed in Sweden?!

You are hosting a UFC event next month, is MMA okay but not pro boxing? :lol:

Yeah, unless we've recently changed it to allow pro boxing. Don't really care, but I know it used to not be allowed here anyway.

Spurs attacking midfielder Rafael van der Vaart, who was standing around 10 metres away from Muamba when he collapsed, said the events during Saturday's abandoned FA Cup quarter-final tie were "incomprehensible".

"[it was] simply horrifying to see such a young player on the ground struggling for his life," the Dutchman told his official website.

"I didn't see him fall. But, when I turned, I immediately knew things weren't good.

"At that time all players on the field felt the panic as well. It was horrible to witness, it's the absolute low in my football career."

:(