West Brom vs Newcastle United - 25/03/12 at 4pm (on SkySports)

Beren

Going down to this, would definitely take a draw. Although my away record this season is decent - won 5 and lost 1.

2-2 with Ba and Hatem getting our goals  :aww:

Which game was your loss?

Blackburn away in the league cup. A draw after 90 minutes I suppose though  :shifty:

Going down to this, would definitely take a draw. Although my away record this season is decent - won 5 and lost 1.

2-2 with Ba and Hatem getting our goals  :aww:

Which game was your loss?

Blackburn away in the league cup. A draw after 90 minutes I suppose though  :shifty:

That is a good record you've got there, it has to be said. Nice O0

Hi Toon fans, well you have had a pretty good season.

I see from your posts that you are not too optimistic, to be honest it could go either way, you are due a win, we should be back to near full strength after resting a few for the Wigan game, your favourite defender Jonas Olsson will be back from suspension as well, so no excuses from our end!

I expect a good game of football for the TV, obviously I hope we win but it could go either way, you don't get to be top six or seven by playing badly,  so hope you enjoy the game, but not too much!

Well done for this season.

i'd be delighted with a draw and i'd even though he was excellent today in midfield i'd play Perch centre half against WBA,  his extra pace will come in handy against there strikers.  Hopefully Tiote is back as well.

I see from your posts that you are not too optimistic, to be honest it could go either way, you are due a win, we should be back to near full strength after resting a few for the Wigan game, your favourite defender Jonas Olsson will be back from suspension as well, so no excuses from our end!

I expect a good game of football for the TV, obviously I hope we win but it could go either way, you don't get to be top six or seven by playing badly,  so hope you enjoy the game, but not too much!

:best:

That is debatable.

Really hope Tiote comes back for this one. Perch was excellent today, but we set up to play very defensively against a side with one top and were at home. Away match at a side who will attack us is a very different proposition mind. Santon and Tiote in for Guthrie and Perch for me (tough on Perch I know, would keep him in one of the full back positions myself, but that will never happen).

Maybe worth a shot

Krul

Santon    Willy  Collo  Jonas

Cabaye  Tiote    Perch 

Ben Arfa

Cisse        Ba

Im normally not one for proposing "creative" line-ups, but considering how the last game went and the Fulham game, I´d replace Williamson with Perch to cope better with the pace of WBA. They don´t really pose any threats in the air other than Olsson on set-pieces as far as I am aware of.

Krul

Simpson-Perch-Colo-Santon

HBA-Tiote-Cabaye-Jonas

Cisse-Ba

That is debatable.

Really hope Tiote comes back for this one. Perch was excellent today, but we set up to play very defensively against a side with one top and were at home. Away match at a side who will attack us is a very different proposition mind. Santon and Tiote in for Guthrie and Perch for me (tough on Perch I know, would keep him in one of the full back positions myself, but that will never happen).

I take it you are not happy with the way you are playing.

Is Ba still playing well or has he gone off the boil, was great earlier in the season, kept you in the game?

Guest palnese

Krul

Santon        Willo                  Colo        Jonas

Ben Arfa          Tiote        Cabaye

Perch

Cisse            Ba

Krul

Santon        Willo                  Colo        Jonas

Ben Arfa          Tiote        Cabaye

Perch

Cisse            Ba

I like this 11 but not quite that system!

Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse as a three with Perch and Tiote holding and Cabaye playing further forward. Santon and Jonas bombing forward from full back with the added protection of Perch and Tiote.

Guest MrSundlofer

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Krul - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - Simpson - Williamson - Coloccini - Santon - - -

- - - - - - - - - - Cabaye - Tioté - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - Gutierrez - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- Ba - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ben Arfa -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Cissé - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

= Counter attacking football?

Im normally not one for proposing "creative" line-ups, but considering how the last game went and the Fulham game, I´d replace Williamson with Perch to cope better with the pace of WBA. They don´t really pose any threats in the air other than Olsson on set-pieces as far as I am aware of.

Krul

Simpson-Perch-Colo-Santon

HBA-Tiote-Cabaye-Jonas

Cisse-Ba

We have changed quite a lot during the season, we now defend set pieces a lot better and pose quite a threat from them ourselves, I think we are near the top for the division for scoring from set pieces.

Assuming that Odemwingie is fit, he will play wide right, with Thomas wide left, both quite pacy, Fortuné has been excellent for the last few games, holding up the ball for the midfield to join.

Andrews from Blackburn has beefed up the midfield, Morrison and Mulumbu will probably make up the midfield.

Olsson and Mcauley (free from Ipswich) have become a very decent centre back pairing, Jones and Ridgewell the full backs.

Foster is having a very good season in goal.

If we play to our best, we should win, big IF though.