Anyone reckon any youngsters will start tomorrow?

Leazes1986

GLENN Roeder admits he has to decide whether or not to blood some of the club's young stars in Thursday's UEFA Cup meeting with Eintracht Frankfurt.

Roeder has six players in his squad without any senior experience - David Edgar, Carl Finnigan, Fraser Forster, Paul Huntington, Kris Gate and James Troisi - while a seventh player, Andy Carroll, played only for the last few seconds in Palermo.

Roeder was forced to leave no fewer than 12 senior players back on Tyneside, with 10 out injured and Pavel Srnicek and Giuseppe Rossi ineligible, and his team selection will be limited in the Commerzbank Arena.

Roeder said: "What I have got to decide is what side to start with.

"We are here with 11 fit senior outfield players. In goal we have Shay, and an academy goalkeeper in Fraser Forster on the bench.

"What I have to decide now is whether I am going to blood three, or possibly four, young professionals in the game.

"I have always said that I will put faith in my young players, but I have to be sure that the time is right for them.

"I know they would relish the chance to make their senior debuts, but it has to be right for them.

"We have some talented players coming through the ranks at Newcastle, and whether they get a chance out here in Frankfurt or not, they will benefit from the experience of being in and around the first team squad.

"We will have to see what I choose to do, but some of them may get their chance far earlier than they may have anticipated."

It wouldn't surprise me if one or two start. I doubt he'll risk losing more senior players by sending a team full of them out, with him saying he only has 11 fit outfield senior players. I wouldn't be surprised to see Carroll alongside Luque maybe. Then again Luque might play on the wing with Carroll alongside Sibierski or Martins. Thoughts?

I haven't seen any of these lads play, but from what i hear from people it sounds like Huntington and Carroll are the brightest prospects. I doubt he will start an unexperienced defender, but its possible he could play a young foward. Maybe he will want to make sure of everything before he tries one though. Would be nice to see one or two of them make a name for themselves, after seeing Krul play so well. Would do them the world of good.

Guest smoggeordie

If you read the back page of todays chronicle you will see that it was confirmed to Oliver. I know he gets a lot wrong but surely he can't get it wrong THAT badly.

If you read the back page of todays chronicle you will see that it was confirmed to Oliver. I know he gets a lot wrong but surely he can't get it wrong THAT badly.

I don't know. Brett Emerton's taxi driver is very fuckin slow. Several transfer winows have passed and he still hasn't reached Scotch Corner.

We could put out a youth acadmy produced back four with Taylor and Hunthington in the centre with Ramage left back and Kris Gate playign right back, it won't happen but wouldn't be a bad defence, I'm saying it now before we all see Huntington that he is going to a success at this club, he will be a first team player in a few years if not sooner.