Andy Cole's last appearance at SJP

Leazes1986
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The greatest goal scorer we ever had - and never really liked at all

compare him with Sir Les - a man who will never have to buy a drink on tyneside ever again

ANyway - he did great things for us and has a fantastic record overall so he deserves a standing ovation

well if we're not going to cheer T****** it could be quite quiet at SJP most games TBH

Come on, he did his damndest for us, scored a shed load of goals and so - he never became popular so what?

52,000 people would give their eldest child to get someone on the team with half his goal scoring record right now

Think he probably deserves a cheer tbh.  Yeah he sang that song, but for his last game ever at SJP, why be petty.

agree.he did not ask to leave because keegan thought it was the thing to do.imho if he had not been sold nufc would have won something either the premiership or a cup but that is all in the past.

he probably felt really bitter after leaving even though he went on to better things .

With our annual trip to Everton now imminent, NUFC.com thought that the time had finally come to air one particular Goodison-related old wives tale that continues to vex us.

As sure as night follows day, Goodison Park on Saturday will reverberate to the sound of a familiar chant:

"Oh Gary Gary, Gary Gary Gary Sh*thouse Speed"

While nobody expects the level of reception that Les Ferdinand gets at St.James' Park to be repeated for all returning ex-players, there's normally a valid reason when a former darling of the crowd becomes the target of such terrace bile.

Think of Paul Ince at West Ham after his Man United cross-dressing moment while still a hammer, or more pertinently the lack of booing or derision that accompanied a return visit Andy Cole, until he was caught by the TV cameras in his infamous rendition of "cheer up Kevin Keegan..."

Speed's crime was not that the lifelong Evertonian spurned the captaincy and chose to walk away from his boyhood heroes in early 1998. Even the most clueless Blue was pragmatic enough to realise that their massive debts had to be serviced by the departure of big names for big prices. Hence the warm reception afforded to Duncan Ferguson when he returned to the blue half of Merseyside in a black and white shirt in March 2000.

No, Speed's crime was to mysteriously fail to turn up for the coach taking Everton to an away game at West Ham in January 1998, an act that could be deemed out of character for a player who has never been newsworthy due to off-field antics and is considered enough of an example to captain his country.

http://www.nufc.com/html/speed-house.html

help me!   i'm too new to nufc to know the cheer up KK song, is there a copy of the words somewhere?   i wanna be mad at cole too! blueupset.gif bluesigh.gif

it was in the 96 charity shield mate, look up the song, cheer up peter reid

We should rise above it.

We were big enough to applaud Teddy Sheringham off the pitch last year, we shoudl do it with our lost one

I adored him.

The Teddy Shearingham applause irritated me.

If I am there when Cole has his farewell there'll be silence from me. No forgiveness, but no booing either.

Nah it was the 96 FA Cup final.  When they beat liverpool and thus won the double, having of course just beaten us to the league.

I was only 6 (nearly 7) but i remember well.

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/2577/colehaha.jpg

How did we stop them winning somwthing  blueconfused.gif

Nah it was the 96 FA Cup final.  When they beat liverpool and thus won the double, having of course just beaten us to the league.

I was only 6 (nearly 7) but i remember well.

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/2577/colehaha.jpg

How did we stop them winning somwthing  blueconfused.gif

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/2577/toon-news.htm

Look down the page in this link, it's just from their site

help me!   i'm too new to nufc to know the cheer up KK song, is there a copy of the words somewhere?   i wanna be mad at cole too! blueupset.gif bluesigh.gif

it was in the 96 charity shield mate, look up the song, cheer up peter reid

thansk, nobby, i did look that up and learned that it's sung to the tune of daydream believer, right?  then i got this off a manure site: 

Cheer up Kevin Keegan,

Oh what can it mean,

to a Sad Geordie b*stard,

and a Sh*te football team

Kevin Keegan,

Can he fix it?

Kevin Keegan,

Can he fuck!

is that the whole thing?    i'd just like to add at this point that i utterly despise manu.  reading their other songs makes me ill...  :icon_puke_l:

anyway, i'm still in the dark a bit with what cole did.  he sang this song did he?  was it for the tv cameras, to our fans section of the stadium...  how did nufc fans hear him sing it?