Newcastle United v Liverpool - Sunday 1st April 2012 1:30pm (Live on Sky Sports)

Sima

Hmmmm, with Colo out I'd snatch a draw if offered. It's the one game I want to win more than any other this season though.

Same here. I hate the thought of us lising to them but with Colo out it's going to be a big ask. A draw would be like a victory tbh. If we had our two first choice central defenders fit I'm pretty sure we'd beat them the way they have been playing of late.

Sort of mixed feelings about how we should approach this game.

On the one hand, I feel very encouraged by today's showing - and our first-half showing lends weight to the belief we can tear through teams and really do some damage with our firepower. I feel like we should play to those strengths, and in doing so, keep the spotlight off our Colo-less defence.

On the other hand, Liverpool love sitting back against teams who come on to them, and breaking (obviously without committing too many men) when the teams which are good enough to attack them get frustrated by their admittedly admirable work-rate, harrying and defensive shape.

Be interesting to see how Pardew sets his stall out. We're at home, and (all of a sudden!) in good form. Definitely should take the initiative and take the game to them, whilst being wary of the tactical landscape. :)

Hmmmm, with Colo out I'd snatch a draw if offered. It's the one game I want to win more than any other this season though.

Same here. I hate the thought of us lising to them but with Colo out it's going to be a big ask. A draw would be like a victory tbh. If we had our two first choice central defenders fit I'm pretty sure we'd beat them the way they have been playing of late.

Yep. They're in terrible form and we've been much better in general over these last two games, however they seem to rise to the occasion, especially away from home. I think our lads will have something to prove to Jose mind, I'm expecting a draw tbh and that'd be a great result given it'd leave us 8 points ahead of them still.

there's not much fight in the Liverpool team, they can score goals (is bellamy injured though, or Dagliesh mad very mad just a random series of decisions with no logic behind them whatsoever) but if we can get a goal past them or two on their present form should be alright. They have flashes of very good play, but too many players messing it up. If they go ahead first think they'll win though.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'd be confident about a win with Colo but despite Perch's resurgence I feel Suarez will run riot through the middle. Perhaps should be a case of attack being the best form of defence and get in and around Carragher.

I'd be confident about a win with Colo but despite Perch's resurgence I feel Suarez will run riot through the middle. Perhaps should be a case of attack being the best form of defence and get in and around Carragher.

This is a team that couldn't beat Alcaraz & G.Caldwell remember.

At least the bin dippers are calling it SJP in their match thread, unlike that t*** Phillips at half time today. Just couldn't resist it could he?

I heard that aye, you could just tell he had been sitting there all afternoon dying to sneak it in.

Just gonna have to try to defend from the front and hope Tiote's back and does his job.

this.

Hate to set up overly defensive and just get nothing from it when we concede anyway and don't have much to offer going forward. If Carraghers playing just get Ben Arfa to run at him and he'll probably just give up and do one of his customary own goals.

Gotta make sure not too much space left behind, hope ref doesn't pay any attention to suarezs theatrics.

It has been great watching Liverpool struggle recently but they have an annoying habit of making a much bigger effort in the big games. I am bringing my daughter across for her first game so I just hope we get a goal at least. If we start well and have the confidence to go for it then it could be a memorable day.

Krul

Santon Willo Perch Ferg

Cabaye Tiote Jonas

B.Arfa Cisse Ba

If we played this id be far more confident. Having Willo and Simpson on the same side of defence is dreadful to watch. We tend to play it around for a while then once one of these clowns gets it its always hoofed long. Im thankful for the efforts theyve put in this season, but beyond that id like for them to never play for us again.

4-2 Cisse 2 HBA 2