Living by yourself

Aphrodite

I did alright last year, joined a triathlon club and trained most evenings. Did find myself talking to my dinner a lot though.

When I went to study in France for a year, I was basically living alone for the first few days (I was living in a studio apartment - I was actually based in student accommodation but I didn't meet anyone until the Intro day). Sorry to say this Aphro, it wasn't that pleasant!

I did alright last year, joined a triathlon club and trained most evenings. Did find myself talking to my dinner a lot though.

:lol: Cracking.

No-one here ever had to move cities for work then? Did you shack up with some randomers?

I sometimes think I'd like it, but the novelty would wear off after a bit and I'm prone to lonely moments.

Same. And that novelty would last 2, maybe 3 wanks.

Completely agree.

I sometimes think I'd like it, but the novelty would wear off after a bit and I'm prone to lonely moments.

Same. And that novelty would last 2, maybe 3 wanks.

Completely agree.

aye right. 2-3 days of living on my own is more like 8-12 wanks.

I was fortunate enough to live on my own for two years.  I found it to be very freeing but I'm also an only child so I am very able to keep myself occupied without the attention of others.

You talk to yourself a lot but I don't think it's that unhealthy.  Just keep yourself busy with other things and you won't even realize you live alone.

If you've got something to occupy your mind it's fine. I lived alone for a year when I was 19 and at the time I was learning to play guitar, so I loved the freedom of being able to sit and do that during pretty much all of my free time.

If you have a social life during the day/some nights, it's an amazingly chill feeling to just be able to be by yourself every now and then. I've a roomate these days, and I find I miss living alone from time to time. A nice mixture of alone time and social time is vital.