Any Sound Techs?

Espio

As some of you know, I run a comedy club in Exeter,

Recently, we've had a string of e-mails asking us to provide comedy nights for other venues, which we're more than happy to do.

Now, problem being is that a few of these venues don't have any PA equipment. So what would I need to basically run a comedy night.

I haven't got a fucking clue what I'm looking for, but about as much as I do know, I'd need at least a 6-8 channel mixer as we use 2 mics, an iPad for music etc, and we'll also be using a D.I. box on occasions.

We've got about £500 to play with, not much by audiophile standards I know, but it's a small investment for a few small venues in the hope that it'll lead to us gaining enough profit to get a full professional quality setup.

Although I don't what what I'm looking for tech wise, equipment wise I'd imagine will be a couple of speakers, mixing desk, couple of mics and leads.

So any advice would be welcomed!

As some of you know, I run a comedy club in Exeter,

Recently, we've had a string of e-mails asking us to provide comedy nights for other venues, which we're more than happy to do.

Now, problem being is that a few of these venues don't have any PA equipment. So what would I need to basically run a comedy night.

I haven't got a fucking clue what I'm looking for, but about as much as I do know, I'd need at least a 6-8 channel mixer as we use 2 mics, an iPad for music etc, and we'll also be using a D.I. box on occasions.

We've got about £500 to play with, not much by audiophile standards I know, but it's a small investment for a few small venues in the hope that it'll lead to us gaining enough profit to get a full professional quality setup.

Although I don't what what I'm looking for tech wise, equipment wise I'd imagine will be a couple of speakers, mixing desk, couple of mics and leads.

So any advice would be welcomed!

How bigs the venue? if it's just for comedy/keyboards or the odd acoustic then £500 will cover it nae bother.

Get yourself a couple of shure sm58s, around £100 with cables and mic stands. You don't need a fully fledged mixing desk if it's just gong to be set-up and left really. You can buy powered PA systems where you can just plug the mics straight in and go so minimum fuss each time, should be able to get one with a DI too, i'll have a look.