Dodgy signal for Sky - anyone had bother before? Advice sought

Big Geordie

Signal on our Sky+ box has been flakey for some time now and it's probably time to do something about it. We get break up in the picture/sound which also sometimes tells me to switch the thing off, unplug it, wait for 5mins and theng plug it back in. Doesn't really work however! All seems to have come about late on last year with the strong winds we had, so I guess the dish has been moved. I've been into 'Services' and tested the signal strength and it's not good.

Obviously, I could do with getting in touch with Sky - but am I gonna have to pay for an engineer visit to sort it out? Any advice appreciated please. :)

Mine's at the point where if a bird lands on the sky dish, the signal goes off. Really fucking annoying, but it's more to do with the loose connection of the cables leading to the box rather than the actual position of the dish.

Signal on our Sky+ box has been flakey for some time now and it's probably time to do something about it. We get break up in the picture/sound which also sometimes tells me to switch the thing off, unplug it, wait for 5mins and theng plug it back in. Doesn't really work however! All seems to have come about late on last year with the strong winds we had, so I guess the dish has been moved. I've been into 'Services' and tested the signal strength and it's not good.

Obviously, I could do with getting in touch with Sky - but am I gonna have to pay for an engineer visit to sort it out? Any advice appreciated please. :)

Nah. Had the same thing and they sent someone out wihtin a few days to sort it. No charge.