Newcastle United 2 - 0 Liverpool - 01/04/12 - post-match reaction from page 45

Dave

I haven't listened to The Guardian's that much but when I did I found Richardson unbearably irritating and Glendenning a smug, boring tosser.  Incredibly up itself.

The latter has become a parody of himself rather quickly. There was one the other week when Crouch scored with him and some other dour Irish chap, proper hard listening.

Still listening twice a week on my commute to work. I like Glendenning though his schtick does get tiresome pretty quickly. The show is always much better-- more insightful less jokey-- when Glendenning is away.

What bores me is Sid Lowe. I don't particularly care about either Real Madrid or Barcelona and don't fancy listening to him talk about how boring it is in La Liga. Every show he's prattling on how the Madrid papers are saying this or that. Give it a rest.  Would rather hear about the title races in France or Germany.

I like sid lowe but no idea why he's wanted every episode, may be getting a bit much, but I suppose a lot of interest. When glendenning is away it is better yes.

The Guardian is prohibited from ever covering us well, due to the overrepresentation of makem lovers. Barry Glendenning and Luoise Taylor are chief culprits. Glendenning is the worse of the two because he genuiunely hates US, the supporters of Newcastle. He probably got beaten up back in the day or something. If Barry isn't promoting a stereotype then he is casually ignoring our success on the field in a very passive agressive way. The man is a dickhead of the highest order. Aside from Newcastle, the Guardian's coverage is usually pretty good.

I just try and avoid the Guardian's coverage of football altogether nowadays. Cracking paper apart from the sport pages, which are almost entirely written by public school boys and consequently they come across as horrendously pompous. Glendenning is an absolute wanker too, not just for the reasons you've mentioned (plastic Mackem with all the bitterness of someone who was brought up a stones throw away from Roker Park. Some effort that) but he's just not funny, bless him.

Can't agree with that - Guardian got some of the more deep thinking and intelligent writers when it comes to football.  Jonathan Wilson being a good example.  Certainly delve far further into tactics than any other paper.

Can't agree with that - Guardian got some of the more deep thinking and intelligent writers when it comes to football.  Jonathan Wilson being a good example.  Certainly delve far further into tactics than any other paper.

Jonathan Wilson and Harry Pearson are good for separate reasons but apart from that I'm struggling to think of any journalist on the Grauniad I like. Jimbo maybe?

Classic example of what I'm talking about regarding pomposity - in their "five things we learned at the weekend" column on Monday they had a go at us for reminding the country how thick football fans are. Our crime? We booed some of our ex-players.

Love Demba rocking Magic hat:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Et0ymeop-zk/T3wjptwPlzI/AAAAAAAAAEs/tfREuh3Te08/s640/06.jpg

He wears is quite often too. :smitten:

I don't even like basketball, but that is a great throwback.

Jonathan Wilson and Harry Pearson are good for separate reasons but apart from that I'm struggling to think of any journalist on the Grauniad I like. Jimbo maybe?

Classic example of what I'm talking about regarding pomposity - in their "five things we learned at the weekend" column on Monday they had a go at us for reminding the country how thick football fans are. Our crime? We booed some of our ex-players.

True - the 'five things we learned at the weekend' column was weak.

I suppose I generally like their sports coverage as a whole - far more comprehensive than other newspapers I think - and the fact that they actually do regular pieces on European football, however boring Sid Lowe's articles might be!

Paul Wilson and David Conn often write some pretty good articles, Conn especially.

I suppose I generally like their sports coverage as a whole - far more comprehensive than other newspapers I think - and the fact that they actually do regular pieces on European football, however boring Sid Lowe's articles might be!

Paul Wilson and David Conn often write some pretty good articles, Conn especially.

I forgot about David Conn. He's a cracking journalist and probably the best of the bunch.

They really only frustrate me when I'm reading/listening to something about Newcastle. But they have had some decent stuff about us this season, but their coverage as a whole is a lot better than most places.