Swansea vs Newcastle United - 06/04/12 @ 4:30pm (live on Sky)

Beren

Jonas in midfield over Guthrie maybe a good thing for this game. Our midfield 3 need to suffocate the Swansea 3, it needs a lot of energy and stamina to do that and I think Jonas is far more suited to a high energy game than Guthrie. Gosling's lack of match sharpness would hinder our chances on Friday. This will be a tough game. Regardless of the Spurs defeat Swansea will be confident at home, but we should be confident to, we just excelled in one of our biggest games of the season and in the process probably??? secured 6th spot, what an achievement.

Dare I say it's a game for Obertan, at least as a substitute. Seems to be that playing on the break has worked well against Swansea.

Tiote sitting on Sigurdsson will be pretty key too.

A lot of their play comes through Britton, if we starve and disrupt him it tends to knock Swansea's flowing game. Sigurdsson was hell of a loan signing for them in January he's been excellent so stopping him is key too. Even though defensively they have been good I think they can be got at, Ashley Williams is a beast in the air and very powerful but I think we can get at him on the floor.

It will be a tough game; Swansea are a good side and have an excellent record at the Liberty stadium.

They got beat by Everton in their last home match. They are safe now and have pretty much nothing left to play for, they are more beatable now.

I'm all for being optimistic especially given how we've played in the last 2 games but quite a few on here are underestimating how good Swansea is at home. They actually play good  passing football too arguably better than Liverpool

Got to admire Swansea's style of play, but I have to say I don't fully subscribe to the Swansea/Brendan Rodgers love in which seems to be fashionable right now.

Mind some posters were using them as a model we should aspire to in the Pardew thread just a couple of weeks ago.

We murdered them at SJP and although they passed and kept possession neatly they were as toothless as anything we've seen all season. They may endure but I'm still to be convinced they're anything more than this season's Blackpool, although they will not be relegated this time.

The 15/8 mentioned earlier looks good to me especially with a certain Mr.HBA running at them.

Got to admire Swansea's style of play, but I have to say I don't fully subscribe to the Swansea/Brendan Rodgers love in which seems to be fashionable right now.

Mind some posters were using them as a model we should aspire to in the Pardew thread just a couple of weeks ago.

We murdered them at SJP and although they passed and kept possession neatly they were as toothless as anything we've seen all season. They may endure but I'm still to be convinced they're anything more than this season's Blackpool, although they will not be relegated this time.

The 15/8 mentioned earlier looks good to me especially with a certain Mr.HBA running at them.

They've shed their overly-tentative away performance style in fairness. Watch their game at Craven Cottage. Mullering.

I somewhat agree with parts of this. They will probably stabilise as a midtable PL team for a couple of years. Yes, they are a very good passing side and yes they keep the ball very well most of the time. What they really do lack however is penetration. They really do play most of their stuff in their own half and a couple of yards into the opposition's half.

I much prefer our style play the last couple of games tbh. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I tend to enjoy teams that actually make things happen most of the time and try to attack with purpose. At times you need to keep the ball to keep your opponents at bay but a gameplan which brings your team the 2nd lowest shots on goal in the league is by no means anything to strive for IMO.

Anyways, for a team with their squad and their goals they've done really well most of the time. It's just that they are a bit boring.

Their neat and tidy little midfielders were absolutely beasted by Fellaini when Everton won there - would like to think Tiote can do a similar job for us.

:thup: Everton are great, when they're great. They have the athleticism to go with the footballing style - much like ourselves. Swansea don't really have the former, but the latter will take them a long way (relative to their resources).

Win this and I'll start believing in Champs League

No way man, as i see it we are lucky if we get EL.

Many hard games left, and i think Everton beats Liverpool in FA cup.

We have Chelsea away, and i can not see us beating them.

Love your optimism like, but CL is just one step to far this year i think.

If it happens, it would be a miracle, bigger than the jews escape from Egypt and Carroll to LFC for £35m!

Looking at everyones remaining fixtures, we need to win 5 of the last 7 to have a chance. The 3 after Swansea, whilst not a walk in the park, are definitely winnable.

If we're in with a chance come the 3 in May then momentum is a great thing, always easier to chase than to be chased - especially with Spurs 2012 form and Arsenal's up and down form this year

Win this and I'll start believing in Champs League

:thup: Massive long-shot but if we get a win here, Arsenal and Spurs have tricky fixtures this weekend which means we could close the gap.

Pardew nailed it a few months ago IMO, when he claimed that if we're still in the mix with six or so games left, there's no pressure on us and all the pressure goes on to those above us. We have nothing to lose now, the teams above us have everything to lose and with a bit of luck, they'll start to feel the pressure. Also helps we're coming into some great form that could quite possibly see us picking up 10/12 points from our next four games. The final three could then go either way. If we take momentum into the Chelsea game we can get a result, they're really not that good. Man City could be out of the title race by the time we play them and the Everton game could be a week after they've just won or lost in the Cup Final and probably not giving a crap about our game.

Any idea what Swansea are thinking ahead of this game? I can't find any of there forums.

I just listed a few sites in the 'Links to Other Clubs' Message Boards' sticky thread above.

Feel we can be the squad that finishes the season not biting fingers nervous, just having fun. We won't relax with the possibility of europe but not crushing pressure the ideal really.

Still think they're a pretty great team, but seem on a dip atm, hopefully get a win, not the end of the world if get a draw though.

Guest SCJack

Williamson looks like he's just coming into some form, imo.

Plus he'd be coming up against Danny Graham, who's quite slow anyway.

You havent seen him closing down the keeper etc then?