Our Music

Dr Venkman

Inspired by the 'Our Football' thread. Put your tunes in here or anything you're involved with on a production/composition level, or any gigs you're putting on or playing at. I know there's a few keen musicians on here :thup:

I'll get things going, here's the most recent thing I did, a remix of a Vinyl Jacket tune that they used as a B side for their last single (I don't seem to be able to embed it here?

http://www.jackissound.com/projects/vinyl-jacket

Links to most of the stuff I've worked on can be found at www.jackissound.com

Also, this Thursday for the end of my degree I'm doing a 15 minute live performance using Ableton Live, it's gonna be live streamed here http://mizaruconnect.com/techlive

f***, completely missed this. I produce a lot of different Electronic genres with a few signed releases here and there. Also signed an exclusivity agreement with an offshoot of Chronos Records.

Here's some old s***, the newer stuff aint out yet.

And also play piano with Nespresco!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
Guest Open_C

:thup: :clap:

Would love it even more if I was ten years younger :lol: but it's made me want to listen to Photek, Squarepusher, Orbital and FSOL simultaneously so it must be good :thup:

:thup: :clap:

Would love it even more if I was ten years younger :lol: but it's made me want to listen to Photek, Squarepusher, Orbital and FSOL simultaneously so it must be good :thup:

Nice one mate. I love Photek; always such great sounds he uses. Manages to be crystal clear and gritty at the same time. I think I would like this more if I was ten years younger too :lol:

I'm basically making the music I wanted to make when I was 19; but didn't have the skills.

Guest Open_C

I love electronic music, and music in general, and I can play a few instruments to a reasonable standard.  Many times over the years I've sat down in front of a computer with the intention of making some electronic music of my own, and the result is always the same: I spend a couple of minutes finding a decent pad which will be a nice introduction after three or four minutes, then half an hour working out a drum pattern which works out way less interesting than I expected it to be, and try start on a bassline, and can't do anything worthwhile, and give up :lol:

Did some decent trance style stuff back in the day using trackers, but have always been overwhelmed just how creative you can be with VSTs and the likes of FL Studio and Ableton and the Reason stuff.. and as a result have achieved nothing :lol:

Guest Open_C

Nice Ian :thup:  Intriguing right hand technique as well, are you classically trained?

Last thing I recorded was this little runthrough of The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, based on the Bert Jansch version.  I love the open and modal feel of it, and I absolutely love the descending riff he used between the verses, first one at 0:23 (which he also used in Black Water Side, and which Jimmy Page subsequently stole and made famous with Black Mountain)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyegFrblI5Q

I usually play with plec / fingers in a hybrid style. Decided to try to record direct from small rec machine....ended up using camera..hence messy sound. Also , 1st time I've uploaded to Youtube...then transferred to here! frazzled by the time I did it.Hopefully better next time..

We saw Bert Jansch at Allendale ? Golden Lion....stayed the night too.....He was a real misery!!

I love electronic music, and music in general, and I can play a few instruments to a reasonable standard.  Many times over the years I've sat down in front of a computer with the intention of making some electronic music of my own, and the result is always the same: I spend a couple of minutes finding a decent pad which will be a nice introduction after three or four minutes, then half an hour working out a drum pattern which works out way less interesting than I expected it to be, and try start on a bassline, and can't do anything worthwhile, and give up :lol:

Did some decent trance style stuff back in the day using trackers, but have always been overwhelmed just how creative you can be with VSTs and the likes of FL Studio and Ableton and the Reason stuff.. and as a result have achieved nothing :lol:

This is a really common problem; something I'm always working on with students. The best way to overcome it, I find, is having a very defined idea of what it is you want to do with the music. With the EP I just released it was maximal rhythm and minimal melodic/harmonic development. The lead track is one chord for 5 minutes :lol:

• 3 weeks later...