Have you ever won a competition?

Joey

Not like something which takes skill, a sport or anything like that but something out of a magazine or website?

I've taken to doing them while bored, only think i've ever won is a Pulp CD. There's some people out there who are jammy bastards and win just about everything going.

Won a competition in the Journal/Chronicle to be a ballboy at St James' in 1999/2000. They gave you a choice of 2 games, went to the Derby one because my Grandma's birthday was on at the same time as the other. Which happened to be the 8-0 against Sheffield Wednesday.  :knuppel2: Never even got a touch of the ball either.

I got a Blue Peter badge for drawing one of the dogs and sending it in when I was little. Don't think it was an official competition though.

Guest neesy111

I got a Blue Peter badge for drawing one of the dogs and sending it in when I was little. Don't think it was an official competition though.

Did you actually use the badge for anything?

I so nearly won an SM:TV live competition once :( I was caller three and had the right answer, but that b****** on line two got it. Was three games consoles and games :angry:

Guest Stephen927

My parents never let me ring in. I always wanted a go on that game where you had to guide the guy round the maze by shouting "UP. DOWN. DOWN. DOWN YOU CUNT! FUCKING DOWN! NOOOOO! ... *dial tone*"

You know those Mars bar competitions when people are like "Ah, no one ever wins that shit?". My cousin won a phone once. I was gutted, because all I won was another Mars Bar :lol:

Won a DVD of Sunshine in a radio contest where the contest was "how many people are on the cover of the Sunshine DVD". I won because I looked at my already bought copy of the Sunshine DVD to get the number.

Won a DVD of Sunshine in a radio contest where the contest was "how many people are on the cover of the Sunshine DVD". I won because I looked at my already bought copy of the Sunshine DVD to get the number.

:lol: Class. It's worth having two copies like.

For me, all my victories have been hard-earned and well-deserved. :smug: None of this "what's the capital of France?" shit.

For one of my birthdays as a child I won a party at Wet & Wild for me and 10 friends. We were in there for hours and had a meal and birthday cake. It was class. :lol:

Me and my sister won a competition on Going Live years ago where we got loads of BBC merchandise including videos, an alarm clock, a jacket, t-shirts, books, a hat. Jeremy Beadle read our names out on TV.

Won a mini HD recorder from a can of Pepsi Max a few years ago. It didn't survive the return trip from Vegas. :(

A load of toys in a competition my mam entered for me when I was about 5.

Some random LPs from a pantomime when I was about 3. Point blank refused to let my dad have them and he was gutted, can't remember what they were but there were some bands he liked in there.

A football from a can of coke about 3 seconds after saying "no one ever wins these".

A load of England stuff before World Cup '06 - t-shirt, football, rucksack, cap.

Entered loads in Take a Break/That's Life/Chat lately (I get them to read at the gym) so hoping I'm still lucky. :D

Guest neesy111

Dreamcast from Sky Mag in early days of Sky Digital.

96/97 video from the official club magazine.

Tickets for Snooker & QoS Tour from Barclaycard on Twitter.

Won a few other things as well.

:smug:

Ah, totally forgot about my Blue Peter badge. Don't know about you but I wasn't best pleased when a bog-standard, cheap-assed, tiny, round badge turned up. Not the fancy crest type one they whore around the show :huff:

Used it at the Hancock Museum and that was it.

I got a proper one, you got the competition one.

Think I used mine to get into some castle or something once.

Wor lass won a Citroen C3 by filling in competition on some shitty orange juice carton. Sunny D iirc.

She also won a 5 minute dash around ASDA via Take A Break magazine.

But she won the lottery of life when she met me.

Guest neesy111

Wor lass won a Citroen C3 by filling in competition on some shitty orange juice carton. Sunny D iirc.

She also won a 5 minute dash around ASDA via Take A Break magazine.

But she won the lottery of life when she met me.

:pardsgrin: