One rule for Newcastle, One Rule for Everyone Else

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

From the BBC:

Southampton boss George Burley admitted he had to read the riot act to defender Chris Baird and keeper Kelvin Davis after Saints' win over Birmingham.

Baird and Davis came to blows and had to be pulled apart by team-mates after the Blues had made the score 4-3.

They escaped punishment from referee Iain Williamson but Burley said: "I had to have strong words with them.

"I have always prided myself on my teams being disciplined and this will never happen again."

The pair were at each other's throats after Baird deflected Radhi Jaidi's header past Davis to set up a frantic finish to an amazing game.

After the pair were pulled apart by team-mates referee Williamson had a long conversation with one of his assistants before deciding not to take action.

Burley added: "it was a strange game, one where character and emotions eventually took over.

"At 4-3, there were one or two players panicking, but we've cleared the air now, and they're the best of friends."

The Saints boss would not admit whether he is going to impose internal club punishments on the pair.

Funny that in the not to distant past, we had players sent off and then the threat of criminal proceedings for something not too dissimilar. People in the FA were making a big song and dance about it and telling people that they needed to be made an example of.

Surely the same should happen to their two players then???

Guest Gemmill

Aye, the issue last time was that some dickhead started criminal proceedings.  Other clubs would have to be unfortunate (as we were) to have that calbre of wanker sat in the crowd.

Aye, the issue last time was that some dickhead started criminal proceedings.  Other clubs would have to be unfortunate (as we were) to have that calbre of wanker sat in the crowd.

There was no red card though - no punches were blown, it was just a bit of shirt pulling apparrently.

Guest Gemmill

There was no red card though - no punches were blown, it was just a bit of shirt pulling apparrently.

That's fine, melonhead!  I'm just saying that any football ground in the country would have to go some to have that big a dickhead in the crowd.  Mind if you'd been there with your nephews having to witness something like that, there would have been court proceedings.  bluebigrazz.gif