Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

If we got Champions League we'd be way ahead of schedule, if there even was a schedule.

Chances are our squad will still be filled with players from the Championship season, I'd worry we'd get shown up in all honesty. The cash injection and prestige is just too good to turn down though, very much a 'foot in the door' opportunity and maybe the only chance we'll get for the next decade.

Chelsea are in the semis. Apoel reached the quarters :lol:

We would probably get Barca, Dortmund and Juventus tho  :lol:

If we got Champions League we'd be way ahead of schedule, if there even was a schedule.

Chances are our squad will still be filled with players from the Championship season, I'd worry we'd get shown up in all honesty. The cash injection and prestige is just too good to turn down though, very much a 'foot in the door' opportunity and maybe the only chance we'll get for the next decade.

Give me that group over a shit one any day!

I still think we'll finish 6th; whether that will be enough to get into Europe is sadly out of our hands. Whilst we are undoubtedly the form side on paper, I just see us dropping points at the most vital times such as the upcoming Stoke game which is a massive banana skin IMO. We have to go to Chelsea and we're never any good there. We've also not got the experience of closing this out like the others do. Although that could easily count in our favour I suppose - the pressure on us to qualify is far lower than it is on Spurs or Chelsea.

Whatever happens though, it's been a staggeringly good season, and as others have said it's little short of a miracle that we're even having this discussion with just five games to go. Brilliant stuff.

Yeah but it's easy to think every game vs a weaker side is a banana skin when you're so close.

We never do any good at Chelsea? Personally I don't buy the whole past results nonence, it depends on how good you are. We have a team playing better than Chelsea.

The next two games against Stoke and Wigan are tough but definitely winnable. We'll have Tiote and Coloccini to provide the defensive shield which a week ago we were missing yet still got maximum points somehow. We have 3 top class forwards who are almost fighting between themselves to grab the goals and the glory. Really there's nothing to be pessimistic about at this point of the season. We are in there fighting and what more could you ask for in the last month of the season?

Wolves. Though their dissalowed goal at their place evens that out tbh

Poor officiating happens to all teams though, it's happened to us this season a few times too (Chelsea probably been the worst), it's just one of those things you have to accept in football.

I can accept us dropping points when we just get it wrong too (like we did in the 2nd half against Wolves), but pointlessly dropping points through unforced individual errors is fucking awful. It just didn't have to happen, all he needed to do was hold onto the ball a few seconds longer and then fling it to Shola. We'd currently be sitting 3rd.

Give me that group over a s*** one any day!

Aye, iam just saying if you want to get far it wouldnt help matters lol but i would prefer a hard group to a piss group.

As fans we want to see the big name players at St James and the spectacle and iam the same.

i don't think we'll make it tbh, i really think we'd need to win all of the last 5 games for that to happen and it's surely too much to ask given who we've got left to play?

see no reason why 5th is beyond us though, i think one of chelsea or spurs might slip up often enough (my money is on chelsea due to the number of games they've got to play)

Tbh I think between 8-10 points is how much we'll need to get 4th, looking at the fixture lists.

Tottenham's display against Nowrich has given me massive hope, they certainly won't pick up maximum points imo, they really need to grind out a result.

If thats the case then i reckon we will get 4th because i think we will get 10 points from our last 5 games.

If Everton get knocked out by Liverpool and we know we've got the Europa league in the bag, I think we'll go on and get 10 points from the remaining games. If that happens I think we've got a better than evens chance of coming 4th. That will take the pressure off, we've got nothing of consequence to lose, if its 5th of 6th with Europa its no big deal.

This is the first time the manager, the media, and the fans have really acknowledged it as a real possibility. The players are definetly going to have it cross their minds, and have time to ponder it in the 12 day break, so how they react to this new pressure and expectation (albeit positive) against Stoke will be a good indication of our chances. Slip up against Stoke and its pretty much over just as it begun I think most would agree.

So far this season we've earnt it, and had a bit of fortune in Spurs late season wobble. To get 4th from here is going to take some of the best play we've had this season, and the stars continuing to align. It's in spurs hands, we've got to snatch it from them if they slip up.

Our final three games are tough, but they're coming at the right time.

Chelsea will have come off a lot of tough games and could potentially be playing in the FA Cup final three days after we meet them. Manchester City will likely have nothing left to play for, and same goes for Everton.

If we can get 4 or 6 points from the next two games and we're still in the mix, I think we have a legit shot at it, particularly if Liverpool knock of Everton and we know that we've already qualified for Europa League.

It's definitely exciting times. Who would have seen this coming?

I see what people are saying about Stoke being a banana skin, but I thought that about yesterday and last Friday and look what happened there :lol:

I genuinely don't know if we'll get the CL but the very thought of it and being 'in the race' fills me with a feeling inside me that I haven't felt since Bobby was in charge.

I'm enjoying football again and actively look forward to getting up and going to the game now. We've got a great team and a great chance to make history and stick it to the big boys.

Regardless of where we finish, whether it be in the CL, in the Europa League or just missing out, we've had a fantastic season and we've got the core of a fantastic side to build on next year.

I'm excited. Really excited.

Let's just enjoy ourselves, take each game as it comes and give 4th place a real go. Who knows? Stranger things have happened.