Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

Doubt we'll be on tv?? I would imagine sky would have two Manchesters and ESPN will have the relegation battle. That being said how many televised games will there be?

Luke Edwards ‏ @LukeEdwardsTele

He will probably go back on this in press conference but Pardew has targeted another CL challenge nxt season whatever happens nxt wknd #nufc

Ambitious.

That's the right message to be sending to the players going into the summer though, in fact it's the right message to be sending to everybody.

"The most important thing was we've brought some respect back to this club," said Pardew. "We have tradition and history and some clubs have not got the fabric we've got. We unveiled the Sir Bobby Robson statue today. Now we're back competing up there it must feel good to the supporters. I really hope next year we have the same sort of season and we're competing for a Champions League position again."

He will probably go back on this in press conference but Pardew has targeted another CL challenge nxt season whatever happens nxt wknd #nufc

Ambitious.

That's the right message to be sending to the players going into the summer though, in fact it's the right message to be sending to everybody.

Champion league contenders next season. We can do it as long as Ashley want to spend a bit more on quality defender plus decent cover for attacking department. Around 4 players.

I think it's a season too early, we've got to rebuild and restock almost our entire reserve and youth team....we can't do that AND bring in four new first team players in one summer. Think it'd be too much change for it all to be positive.

Guest optimistic nit

i think you could argue we have a better chance of getting CL football now than we did on friday, given that the chances of us beating man city were much lower than spurs and arsenal winning their games. if arsenal lose or spurs fail to win, we are in the top 4 with a win, and both of those are very possible, especially on current form

Guest optimistic nit

Ambitious.

Champion league contenders next season. We can do it as long as Ashley want to spend a bit more on quality defender plus decent cover for attacking department. Around 4 players.

I think it's a season too early, we've got to rebuild and restock almost our entire reserve and youth team....we can't do that AND bring in four new first team players in one summer. Think it'd be too much change for it all to be positive.

centre back, full back and either a central mid or a winger depending on what formation pardew wants. we can do that for under 10 million easy.

I can see Spurs losing to Fulham. If we beat Everton, I think we have a decent shot at 4th place. But just to be in contention on the last day is a remarkable accomplishment and I'll thoroughly enjoy Europa League next year if we don't make it to the Champions League.

I can't believe we could qualify for the CL on Sunday. Really just fucking ridiculous if I may say so.

If we finish 4th I won't be able to sleep for a week because of the CL final implications. Will really be terrible, but I'd be happy to have that to worry about.

Ambitious.

centre back, full back and either a central mid or a winger depending on what formation pardew wants. we can do that for under 10 million easy.

It's not really a cost issue; we brought in 4 first choice players in the past season (plus 3 more who have been in and around the matchday 18, when fit) and they all had to settle and integrate into the club/region. That this has all happened reasonably smoothly has been a previously unheard of success - mitigated somewhat by the fact we had 4 big holes in the starting XI from the players who had left, forcing the newcomers to be thrown in at the deep end together.

Hopefully, we won't be in the same situation this off-season, so 4 new first-choice players seems a bit too much IMO.

Don't think the reserve/youth team situation will be too much of a hindrance to first team matters tbh. Two separate forms of recruitment and I hope we've got enough resources to share the workload evenly for the two matters. And in the process, bringing in 2 or 3 players that have the ability to settle into the first team over the season, as long as we keep what we've got (barring the obvious departures, Smith, Loven etc) we've got more than a chance of competing for Europa again at least.

I understand what Stu's saying about the likelihood of all signings integrating into the first team instantly, but I like to think we've all learnt to have patience after a fair few players have proven us wrong, particularly since relegation. If I'm completely honest, as long as the signs point towards continuing positive progress, I'd be content with a top half finish again next season.

Pretty pointless couple of paragraphs though, a massive combination of ifs and buts.

I think we dont get too far ahead of ourselves. We have the nucleus of a fairy good side, but still are nowhere near peaking. We also lack alot of depth, which is always going to be a problem with our financial restrictions. If we treat next season like we did this season, I think we will be happy with how we end up. First goal is the magical 40 points. Once we reach that we reassess our goals and see what positions in the league we can compete for.

Guest Tyson

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

#nufc's dream of CL football is still alive. For #nufc fans all hope is not lost despite the loss to Manchester City, at the Sports Direct Arena. Favourable results, and a win against Fulham will just about tie up the deal.  Papiss Cisse, who failed to find the net against City, has for the most escaped the wrath of the Twitterazzi.

Guest Tyson

T.House's night-cleaners must've spiked all the windows (with vodka, or similar) when giving them the once over spray & wipe.

Shifty buggers.

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

#nufc's dream of CL football is still alive. For #nufc fans all hope is not lost despite the loss to Manchester City, at the Sports Direct Arena. Favourable results, and a win against Fulham will just about tie up the deal.  Papiss Cisse, who failed to find the net against City, has for the most escaped the wrath of the Twitterazzi.

Wtf is this shit. Cisse escaping the wrath? Wtf is Ryder on about?

I've never won a single penny from football gambling in my life, so I'm pretty sure if I just back Spurs to win and lay Newcastle we'll be in the CL next season.

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

It's fake. Ryder couldn't type that much without a typo of some sort.

:rolleyes:

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

It's fake. Ryder couldn't type that much without a typo of some sort.

:rolleyes:

Not technically a typo. More just, well, mongtastic.

Ambitious.

You make valid points, I just feel that saying 'he hopes' to be challenging again is the right thing to say when you're dealing with players who might have their heads turned and players we're trying to get to the club.

I don't think there's such a thing as a season too early when it comes to Champions League. Grab the chance when you can, even if we do keep improving there's no guarantee you'll finish top 4. Look at Spurs, they're steadily improving yearly for about 7 years now yet they've only finished top 4 once.